• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Race Results!

New posts
I can't believe I missed mullet triplets.:(


P3040001v2sm.jpg

I bet JessiFunn saw them.
 
I believe a 29 year old male runner from Alabama had a heart attack. I'm not sure of any of the details. I think more information will be released today.

Mr Seagrover was told the guy died from the heart attack at mm1. He was running the half - such a tradegy for someone so young!
 
the mullets were awsome...good job everybody!
 
Mr Seagrover was told the guy died from the heart attack at mm1. He was running the half - such a tradegy for someone so young!

He is my sorority sister's husband. The latest information is that he suffered 2 cardiac arrest and has no brain activity. He was airlifted to UAB in Birmingham last night.

From an email I received this morning:

Ellis was in great shape. He ran in marathons all over the southeast and has won some of them. He finished in the TOP 100 of the Boston Marathon last year.

None of the projections are good. However, they are all praying for a small miracle because there are cases of people turning around. I’m spreading the word to please say a prayer for him because that’s all they’ve got so I hope you don’t mind getting this email.

Please think of him today and say a prayer for him. Thanks
 
Last edited:
He is my sorority sister's husband. The latest information is that he suffered 2 cardiac arrest and has no brain activity. He was airlifted to UAB in Birmingham last night.

From an email I received this morning:

Ellis was in great shape. He ran in marathons all over the southeast and has won some of them. He finished in the TOP 100 of the Boston Marathon last year.

None of the projections are good. However, they are all praying for a small miracle because there are cases of people turning around. I?m spreading the word to please say a prayer for him because that?s all they?ve got so I hope you don?t mind getting this email.

Please think of him today and say a prayer for him. Thanks


Before I read this post, I assumed the guy was in bad shape. This is unbelievable. So sad :(
 
Wow! I have heard of some miracles, and know a couple of walking miracles myself, so let's wish him the best, and hope he is one of those miracles.
 
He is my sorority sister's husband. The latest information is that he suffered 2 cardiac arrest and has no brain activity. He was airlifted to UAB in Birmingham last night.

From an email I received this morning:

Ellis was in great shape. He ran in marathons all over the southeast and has won some of them. He finished in the TOP 100 of the Boston Marathon last year.

None of the projections are good. However, they are all praying for a small miracle because there are cases of people turning around. I?m spreading the word to please say a prayer for him because that?s all they?ve got so I hope you don?t mind getting this email.



I have sent your email to people that I know from Point Washington United Methodist Church, Good News Methodist Church, Chapel at the Beach at Rosemary, Crosspoint Church, Destiny Church, Christian International and St Rita's Catholic Church. If anyone attends another Church or has friends at other Churches, please forward this info to their prayer groups as well.
 
I came across this thread while searching the web for news articles about my friend, Ellis. I work with Ellis in Birmingham. He is 30, a loving husband and parent, a hard worker and generally a really great guy.

The poster before was correct that Ellis was an experienced runner. I know that he has competed in the Boston twice and recently placed 6th in the Mercedes marathon here in Birmingham. He ran the Seaside half marathon last year also I believe. I know that he was looking forward to this as a fun trip.

The poster was also correct that the outlook is not good and his family and all of his friends at work are praying for him. This is a real tragedy. I'm sure his family will appreciate the prayers of you all.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top