• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Recommend a Realtor Please

New posts

whosyodaddy

Beach Lover
I know this is a Pandora's box... but can someone recommend me a realtor to sell my home in Seagrove. I know this is not neccessarily the time to sell- but I am ready. I am not desperate. I am not upside down- far from it. I just want to get out and want to find the right person to do it. So.... I am not looking for someone to market my house as a fire sale, etc....

Can someone tell me where I can find who actually sells the most real estate in Seagrove. I have a 3BR/3BA on Sugar Sand Lane (behind Cafe 30a).

Thanks for your help.
 
I don't know her Seagrove sales stats, but Judi Rutland gets my recommendation. She's of the few realtors around that doesn't make "realtor" a 4 letter word! :biggrin:
 
Actually SB44, there are quite a few Realtors on this board and on 30-A that are not "4 letter words". A couple of bad Realtors that you may know does not mean that we are all bad.

You always make comments that we are though. :confused: What gives??

~~~~~~~~~~~

Whosyodaddy, I hope that some of our good agents on this board will PM you about their services. :wave: Good Luck!
 
I don't know why you think that now is not a good time to sell. If a property is priced right, it will sell, but as you probably know, that price must be EXCITING. What is the point of listing a property that is priced too high to sell? Doing so, only adds inventory to the already heavy inventory and makes the property and the Realtor look stagnant. Unless your property has some very unique features which will command high price from from a buyer, you will have to list it at that exciting price to get people in the door, during this market. Today's buyers are looking for a cushion in their purchase price, giving room for an expected drop in the market during the next 1.5-2 years.
 
Actually SB44, there are quite a few Realtors on this board and on 30-A that are not "4 letter words". A couple of bad Realtors that you may know does not mean that we are all bad.

You always make comments that we are though. :confused: What gives??
No, not all realtors are bad, I've just run into many (not just here) whose actions/conduct have appalled me. That has prompted many 'caveat emptor' posts.

The current market is hopefully cleaning out a lot of those who are giving your profession a bad name.
 
No, not all realtors are bad, I've just run into many (not just here) whose actions/conduct have appalled me. That has prompted many 'caveat emptor' posts.

The current market is hopefully cleaning out a lot of those who are giving your profession a bad name.

OH, trust me, I know that there are some bad ones out there. Some I don't even like dealing with and I cringe when they call wanting to show a property. But, it is my duty to do it, so I do/did.

Thanks for the reply, :wave:
 
I know this is a Pandora's box... but can someone recommend me a realtor to sell my home in Seagrove. I know this is not neccessarily the time to sell- but I am ready. I am not desperate. I am not upside down- far from it. I just want to get out and want to find the right person to do it. So.... I am not looking for someone to market my house as a fire sale, etc....

Can someone tell me where I can find who actually sells the most real estate in Seagrove. I have a 3BR/3BA on Sugar Sand Lane (behind Cafe 30a).

Thanks for your help.

This is a good place to start - http://sowal.com/realtors.html
 
Thanks Kurt. It's a good place to start. But, what I am wanting to know is who is actually selling houses in my area... not who is trying. I am going to price my house at a good price, but I need someone will really work hard and get it done.
 
It depends on how you define, "selling homes." Both the listing agent and the selling agent can say that they sold the property.

No particular agent is ruling the market in that specific area. In the last six months, I don't see any agent selling more than one home in that area. Since Mar 1, there have been only eleven home sales in that area, with the average price $477,772, $244/sf. (of course eleven sales isn't enough of a sample to give good statistics. Currently, there are 101 homes for sale in that area, and with less than 2 sales per month, on average, buyers will have plenty of choices, and that is why pricing is key to make a sale.

Getting more specific with that particular sub-division, rather than that general area, I see only two home sales in there since March 2005. They were in March and April of 2005, just before the peak of the market, and the sales prices were rather high compared to the homes currently listed in there.
 
I am having a hard time finding buyers that are willing to accept what the current value of their home is. They get offended and wait until someone tells them what they want to hear. I like to be the 2nd or 3rd agent to take over the listing! We have had most of our success this year when we find sellers that are willing to listen to what it will take. Probably, why I like short sales. The sellers says "help"! They listen and we get the deal done.

Here are 7 homes we have sold this year from Grayton to Seacrest area. Two in Old Seagrove and one in Cassine.

http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/listings.asp?ID=4515071501

I had a client the other day ask me what I was going to do to sell their home. I asked him how he was going to get me excited to do so? Your will sell it if it is priced right. If it has been on the market for extended time and has not sold, it is because it is priced too high. This is really a simple game. It is not an open house, flyers, balloons,etc. PRICE!

My shirt says, "Its all about The price" I wear this when I deliver offers to other agents! LOL!!!!!
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top