• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Red bar.. WOW

New posts

familyof3

Beach Lover
We have been to the Miramar Beach area many times. Last year we enjoyed a great meal at D&K's and a drink at Red Bar. Well this year we had to try the Red Bar. It was my hubbie, and dtr and my sisters family of 4. It was delicious. I had the crab cakes oh my word, the others had the grouper special . Simply delicious. We then took a walk on that beautiful beach and saw the lake almost out. We are now determined to spend our 1 week in paradise in Grayton next year.
 
Grayton is a well-kept secret, so, please keep it on the down-low. Glad you found it as charming as I did many years ago. I don't live in Grayton, but I feel like it is my home.
 
It is wonderful. All the little sandy streets. I only got to bum it on the couch, for a coupleof days at the condo my sister rented this year. We did look a little at the 30-a area just could not work it out. Next year we are determined. We have looked at Gulf Place, looking in Grayton but everything so far is really large and out of our price range. I got real excited when I saw homes in The Preserve at Grayton but it looks to be quite a walk. a stroll no biggie but a hike not for me. We will keep looking and it will definetly be kept a secret.

If my hubbie could find work he would move in a minute. I could probably tag along. Thanks for the comments.
 
There are some very small (1000-1200sf) homes for rent (vacation rentals) in Grayton, in addition to the "Sleeps 26" size homes.
 
Thanks smiling joe we have time. we will keepl ooking. Those crab cakes and that cheese grit patty masterpiece under the grouper is worth pulling up stakes and moving over.
 
It is wonderful. All the little sandy streets. I only got to bum it on the couch, for a coupleof days at the condo my sister rented this year. We did look a little at the 30-a area just could not work it out. Next year we are determined. We have looked at Gulf Place, looking in Grayton but everything so far is really large and out of our price range. I got real excited when I saw homes in The Preserve at Grayton but it looks to be quite a walk. a stroll no biggie but a hike not for me. We will keep looking and it will definetly be kept a secret.

If my hubbie could find work he would move in a minute. I could probably tag along. Thanks for the comments.
While you are at it, don't pass up Blue Mountain Beach. There are condo rentals galore and it is close to Grayton Beach and is a wonderful beach on its own. I happen to be fortunate enough to live on it and love it.
 
Last edited:
I love The Red Bar....I have tried to duplicate the Panne Chicken at home numerous times and it never comes close....and as for The Crab Cake it is great with only the one at Cafe 30A even in the same ballpark
 
oh my goodness. I have never had crab cakes without filler. The salad was even amazing. Who knew spinach and I believe spring greens could be so good. My little one had the pasta and she ate the whole thing. If it was'nt 10 hours I would drive down this weekend and get some more! Our waitor was great. He described the meals perfectly "our famous special the bomb,and the grouper special really the bomb! Along with a few other details I can't remember.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top