• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Redneck Riviera??

New posts
potatovixen said:
Wow... I grew up with the knowledge that my family and the people who lived around us were considered "rednecks." But to us, it never meant anything bad. I know Jeff Foxworthy is kind of an obvious example here, but his definition most closely fits the one I've always known: "People with a glorious lack of sophistication."
rednecks are just good people doing their best to get by on what they have.
Count me in!!!!:lolabove:
 
Yep, there's certainly nothing to be ashamed of to have just a little "red" around the neck.

Just consider me, "Redneck and proud!" :clap_1:
 
My husband said the redneck referred to farmers as their necks were red from working out in the fields all day. And his grandfather was one of them that was out from morning until night. Now some of the less desirable looking people that are seen about here are referred to as rednecks. They do have a certain look to them.

People would probably call these two old timers from the mountains rednecks probably! These two are having a discussion over the property line. Hee Hee!
 
Well, I must be one of the "less desirable looking people" because I am as redneck as they come and I damn proud of it!!!!!
 
kathydwells said:
Well, I must be one of the "less desirable looking people" because I am as redneck as they come and I damn proud of it!!!!!

:idontno: You obviously think I am referring to you! Well, I have no clue what you look like and I am referring to some that I see around here in certain areas of Memphis, not you! Some that I see around here, you wonder if they ever went to school or made it out of school if they did! You are educated as well as I am, so this doesn't describe either one of us!
 
Oldtimer said:
Yes, the word "redneck" has many meanings, some not so flattering and some that are just the plain ole truth! I am educated and well traveled, but I consider myself to be a "redneck" in many, many ways...not in a bad way at all.
Oldtimer, you give rednecks everywhere a good name! :clap_1:
 
me, age 11

deliv01-1.jpg
 
Let them call us what they will. Maybe the snobs will stay in the real Riveria.
Sowal is best kept to the people who appreciate it, rednecks or not. :biggrin:
 
Cheering472 said:
Let them call us what they will. Maybe the snobs will stay in the real Riveria.
Sowal is best kept to the people who appreciate it, rednecks or not. :biggrin:

AMEN! I remember years ago when I said I was going to the ocean (panhandle), and was told it's not really the ocean, it's just the gulf. :idontno: Well, I guess technically it's not, but I will take it over the Atlantic Ocean any day. :clap_1:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top