Matt J
SWGB
So our so-to-speak greed is a good thing for our worldwide competitiveness. I remember when Japan was buying up our properties and debt at a discount. They have never been the same since.
Spread the wealth. ;-)
So our so-to-speak greed is a good thing for our worldwide competitiveness. I remember when Japan was buying up our properties and debt at a discount. They have never been the same since.
When you say worldwide financial meltdown are you just using buzz words du jour?
The risky selling and reselling of debt by Wall Street and investment bankers caused an exponential increase in the problem.
One Bad Bond - TIME

And still more on the backstory ... this is a fascinating piece on how things got kicked off.
Recipe for Disaster: The Formula That Killed Wall Street
And Iceland. I feel bad for Iceland.![]()
Please Google " Iceland banking collapse"
With boots like yours I figured you knew you can't build a brick wall by banging your head against it. Or maybe you were trying to knock it down.
Off subject, this week we had to remove a driveway apron that was a relic from early WaterSound Beach. The concrete was real white and had scallop shells in the admix. Instead of breaking it up we cut it into 800 lb. tiles for another sidewalk. It was a first for us and it worked better than I thought it would.
Recycle, recycle, recycle
Do you have any leftovers?
And still more on the backstory ... this is a fascinating piece on how things got kicked off.
Recipe for Disaster: The Formula That Killed Wall Street
And Iceland. I feel bad for Iceland.![]()