• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seaside Mardi Gras

New posts
30A Skunkape said:
Earlier than Zulu. How surprisingly hardcore!

Actuallt softcore because lack of hangovers allow for an early start and there will be little drinking involved in the AM at Seaside. Maybe we should call it Latte' Gras.

There are a lot of little cutesy greeting card shopping center Mardis Gras celebrations scattered along the panhandle. Too bad there can't be one combined that is even a little bit fabulous.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I hear that Panama City, not to be confused with Panama City Beach, has a great Mardi Gras. The "family" oriented party starts earlier in the day, and supposedly, it gets much more "adult-like" in the evening.
Does "more adult like in the evening" mean the exposure of body parts? Sounds more like Panama City Beach! :funn:
 
twt512 said:
Should we start organizing a Krewe of New(e) Urbanism?

I'm guessing there won't be any exposing of body parts for beads at this Mardi Gras.


don't know details yet, but talked to some folks at the coffee shop at Ruskin Place on Saturday - they were just starting to plan an event, with participation from several NO folks now living here. Sounds like all day (Tues) is more family oriented, and a masquerade ball Sat evening (they are selling tickets, getting sponsors, etc). There will definitely be some partying, food, and costumes - perhaps a little seaside resort town bourgois... don't really know (some funn people were helping plan it though).
 
I think starting a Krewe would be an excellent idea. Krewe of New Urbanism may not be a bad idea...New Orleans was the original planned gulf coast community. And if Rex isn't bourgeois, there isn't anything bourgeois on 30-A.

The Krewe of SuWu could parade first. I propose the theme of "Blowin' in the Wind". We'd need to find a King. Any suggestions?
 
rapunzel said:
I think starting a Krewe would be an excellent idea. Krewe of New Urbanism may not be a bad idea...New Orleans was the original planned gulf coast community. And if Rex isn't bourgeois, there isn't anything bourgeois on 30-A.

The Krewe of SuWu could parade first. I propose the theme of "Blowin' in the Wind". We'd need to find a King. Any suggestions?

Kirkybaby!!!! :biggrin: And SJ, could be his queen. J/K
 
kathydwells said:
Kirkybaby!!!! :biggrin: And SJ, could be his queen. J/K

Hmmm, now I'm seriously hoping we don't see any of those exposed body parts.
 
kathydwells said:
Kirkybaby!!!! :biggrin: And SJ, could be his queen. J/K

:idontno: If you are trying to say something, get it out on the table so I can address it. :idontno: (just had a flashback from Tootsie's house at dinner the other night. :shock:)
 
Smiling JOe said:
:idontno: If you are trying to say something, get it out on the table so I can address it. :idontno: (just had a flashback from Tootsie's house at dinner the other night. :shock:)

SJ, I was just kidding....I love you with all my heart, and I know you are a manly man. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top