• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Seaside - Moving Forward

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
PB300006.JPG


Just thought that I would give you a view of the happs at Seaside. The crane is beside Fusion glass store.
 
I'm not sure I'm crazy about the new heights to which Seaside is rising. :( I do appreciate those blue skies though. It was snowing today in the Midwest.
 
Mermaid said:
I'm not sure I'm crazy about the new heights to which Seaside is rising. :( I do appreciate those blue skies though. It was snowing today in the Midwest.

Ummm not at all. They've already torn the sidewallk up (it does look better...) but moving the post office. I feel bad for the people who have a house in Smolian Circle behind the new building going up. Their view will be blocked.

And Bud n Alleys. If they tear that down...the crying will never stop. It's a landmark for being here 20 years!
 
whiteyfunn said:
Ummm not at all. They've already torn the sidewallk up (it does look better...) but moving the post office. I feel bad for the people who have a house in Smolian Circle behind the new building going up. Their view will be blocked.

And Bud n Alleys. If they tear that down...the crying will never stop. It's a landmark for being here 20 years!


I hope they don't move that adorable post office to somewhere we can't see it when we drive by! :(
 
:welcome: :welcome:
whiteyfunn said:
Ummm not at all. They've already torn the sidewallk up (it does look better...) but moving the post office. I feel bad for the people who have a house in Smolian Circle behind the new building going up. Their view will be blocked.

And Bud n Alleys. If they tear that down...the crying will never stop. It's a landmark for being here 20 years!
Ditto.:bang:
 
Post office will be at the end of Seaside Avenue where the ATM machine currently is located.
 
Coast is Clear said:
Post office will be at the end of Seaside Avenue where the ATM machine currently is located.

I want to live in a community that can be described like this.
 
do you think its going to be dark and shadowy there once it's all built up?
 
katie blue said:
do you think its going to be dark and shadowy there once it's all built up?

I don't think so, because of the positioning of the building. The afternoon sun will brighten things up, and there won't be much on the east side of the building.

Edit:
Ruskin Place is already shaded and shadowy, and I think many people enjoy that after being in the hot Sun all day, so even if the building does create shadows, it may be a cool welcome in the hot summer.
 
Last edited:
whiteyfunn said:
And Bud n Alleys. If they tear that down...the crying will never stop. It's a landmark for being here 20 years!

According to the barman at Bud & Alley's last week, they were told they have at least another year or possibly two before the new building will commence on the south side of 30A. Shades said they have about a year before some trendy, upscale restaurant takes over. :roll:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top