• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Servers: Pls just write it down...

New posts
I wonder that there aren't some restaurants that pride themselves on training their servers to remember without writing it down.


I think there is that. But I find it more impressive to get what I ordered.
:lol:

Geo, I hadda laugh when you said "Don't mess with me". I knew it was coming....

:funn::funn:

I deserved his wise crack. But I am incapable of not coming back with something stupid after his jab!
:clap:
 
Geo, it always makes me nervous when they don't write orders down. Recipe for disaster, imo.

That said, I have a brilliant idea for you...get a small notebook and when you come across this type of waitstaff, calmly write down what you want and hand it to them. :biggrin:

edit: wait! or use a napkin!
 
Geo, it always makes me nervous when they don't write orders down. Recipe for disaster, imo.

That said, I have a brilliant idea for you...get a small notebook and when you come across this type of waitstaff, calmly write down what you want and hand it to them. :biggrin:

edit: wait! or use a napkin!

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love it!

:clap:
 
OK - so, I'd like to add that when the wait staff doesn't get your order correct, you politely mention it to them. Afterall, you ordered what you wanted, right? Why eat something you are paying for that you didn't want.....to be nice? You can, in a nice manner, inform them of the error. Or, if they forget, you politely inform them they forgot.

ARGH - I have a friend that does this. We were celebrating one night and GF and I had our drinks, she had a vodka cocktail and I had a martini. Guy friend ordered a glass of wine. Open and pour. Bartender completely forgot the wine and we were sitting right in front of him. Several minutes go by and GF and I weren't drinking ours so we could do a toast. I told guy friend that his wine had been forgotten. He was in denial. Several more minutes go by and GF declared that we were toasting without him. Thank God. Guy friend was still in denial, "No, he'll bring it. He's just busy!" (We were the only ones at the bar in a nice restaurant.) Bartender came up and apologized for forgetting the wine! :funn:
I mean, don't be a sappy-ass!

Then, there was the guy several years ago who was angry all the time from something going on his life and when his drink order was forgotten, he said to the cute waitress, "Why don't you just forget about that drink you forgot about!" Classic, but almost had the Girl in tears!
 
Good stuff.

I almost always inform them when they screw it up and I am reasonably nice about it. It's just frustrating because when they don't write it down I expect something to go wrong. And when it does I know why. And when it doesn't I am relieved that I got what I ordered (rather than being able to take it for granted)...
 
What I don't get is how when the staff that brings out your food(if they are not your original waitress or waiter) they know exactly who gets what dish--I guess they do short hand crib notes next to the shorthand orders... like.."stuffed flounder for the guy in black w/bald spot".
 
What I don't get is how when the staff that brings out your food(if they are not your original waitress or waiter) they know exactly who gets what dish--I guess they do short hand crib notes next to the shorthand orders... like.."stuffed flounder for the guy in black w/bald spot".

Seat numbers. You are seated at a numbered table with numbered seats. Every restaurant in the world has this.
 
Geo, it always makes me nervous when they don't write orders down. Recipe for disaster, imo.

That said, I have a brilliant idea for you...get a small notebook and when you come across this type of waitstaff, calmly write down what you want and hand it to them. :biggrin:

edit: wait! or use a napkin!

Just be sure to add to the order: One (1) extra napkin.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top