• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Snake ?

New posts

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
Got a blood pressure bump from a 4-5' long reddish/terracotta colored snake by my car. :yikes:

Is that a potentially poisonous one?

I'm not a fan even when they're non-poisonous, but figured someone would tell me if I need to be even more cautious!
 
Got a blood pressure bump from a 4-5' long reddish/terracotta colored snake by my car. :yikes:

Is that a potentially poisonous one?

I'm not a fan even when they're non-poisonous, but figured someone would tell me if I need to be even more cautious!

Forget the snake and worry about your fellow 'drivers':blink:
 
Reddish, terracotta colored long snake, while creepy, should be fine. Probably eats mice. :wave:
 
Sorry no pic! It was getting dark so photo wouldn't work well (plus that meant I would have to get close to it) and it wasn't there this morning. :wave:
 
Rat snack aka corn snake. Maybe it was this one? Were you at Alys Beach the other day? :lol:

080419-alysbeach-166.jpg
 
snakes

Did get up close and personal with a copper head here in Atlanta last summer while walking across my patio in early evening. I did learn several things while sitting in the emergency room that night:
It'll get you in to see a Doc quick
Northside hosp alone had 60 bits last summer
drought has them moving toward houses since that is where the mice are.
most bits are early evening and early morning
bring the snake in if you can, though most don't want to go with you.
 
Rat snack aka corn snake. Maybe it was this one? Were you at Alys Beach the other day? :lol:

080419-alysbeach-166.jpg

It looked redder, but pretty close - can't bear to try and google snake pics :blush:.

My yard is like wild kingdom this week - feral cats roaming, possums hissing, and a snake!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top