• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Some Folks Just Don't Get It

New posts
My kids are in seatbelts until we put the car in park.

However, I have been observing car pool at Bay Elementary- way too many parents do not buckle up their kids. My favorite is the Porche driving mom, whose small child was standing on the floorboard of the front seat, playing.:bang: And she was just whizzing off on her merry way.

The other was a dad, letting his less than a year old baby "drive"- the baby was standing in his lap, and carpool line was moving.:angry:
 
My kids are in seatbelts until we put the car in park.

However, I have been observing car pool at Bay Elementary- way too many parents do not buckle up their kids. My favorite is the Porche driving mom, whose small child was standing on the floorboard of the front seat, playing.:bang: And she was just whizzing off on her merry way.

The other was a dad, letting his less than a year old baby "drive"- the baby was standing in his lap, and carpool line was moving.:angry:


As Britney would say..."We're country, y'all!" Idiots.
 
My kids are in seatbelts until we put the car in park.

However, I have been observing car pool at Bay Elementary- way too many parents do not buckle up their kids. My favorite is the Porche driving mom, whose small child was standing on the floorboard of the front seat, playing.:bang: And she was just whizzing off on her merry way.

The other was a dad, letting his less than a year old baby "drive"- the baby was standing in his lap, and carpool line was moving.:angry:



A couple of years ago a minivan pulled up beside me in traffic. A small girl (maybe two years old?) was crawling around in the front seat, in and out of the driver's lap. Between the seatbelt thing and the fact that he was smoking a cigarette in her face, I was already appalled. But the thing that made me call the po-po was seeing this small girl take the cigarette out of his mouth and put it in HER mouth.

It's like Keanu said in the movie Parenthood: "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - h311, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming a**hole be a father."

Not necessarily.... I have on many occasions met friends or just hitched a ride with someone from the beginning of the boardwalk that was nice enough to offer a ride when they saw me trying to get 2 kids (+all THAT entails) down to waters edge.
I had that same thought...I can't imagine handling that surfboard and a child out on the road in an open jeep.
 
Last edited:
^ I know, my kids (aged 16 &almost 18) even tell me "WAIT!!" if I attempt to put the car in reverse before they have theirs on. And I do find it comforting when seeing them getting in the car with friends doing the same.
 
Not necessarily.... I have on many occasions met friends or just hitched a ride with someone from the beginning of the boardwalk that was nice enough to offer a ride when they saw me trying to get 2 kids (+all THAT entails) down to waters edge.

That's what I had imagined happend by looking at the photo. Trust me, my kids are always in their 5 point harness car seats and probably will be until they are 13. But being super safe 99% of the time allows you 1% of time that you can take calculated risks. . . like hopping into the jeep to get down to the beach. :D
 
like hopping into the jeep to get down to the beach.
Hey I have gotten rides in jeeps, in the back of a pickup with about 50 beach chairs, once on a trailer filled with the makings on one heck-of-a-party. But when we got back to my vehicle at the edge of the pavement, they had those belts on before I could get mine on.
EDITBut that was before I got a 4 wheel drive and sticker and now I am the one that offers rides in the back of my pathfinder to those less fortunate or weighed down by kid toys.;-)
 
Last edited:
If you're in a car, you should have a seatbelt on, no ifs, ands or buts!

I was in a car accident when our car wasn't even moving - someone wasn't paying attention and drove right into the back of us.
 
Now what are everyone's thoughts on 2 year olds riding in golf carts from Seacrest Beach resort? Because we definitely took advantage of that when we had too much to carry. Every other time, everybody in my car is buckled.
 
Now what are everyone's thoughts on 2 year olds riding in golf carts from Seacrest Beach resort? Because we definitely took advantage of that when we had too much to carry. Every other time, everybody in my car is buckled.
Crossing 30A is dangerous.
 
IMHO, not buckling up is a fool's game. I hear y'all that say it makes it so convenient....but, if you stop and think what might happen in a blink of an eye :( ...when I do, I get the shakes.

Clarification...I am speaking of kids, I have ridden in the back of pickups off the beach and down the road to my car.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top