• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Something is different this season

New posts
I'm hearing Watercolor and WaterSound will be 100% booked for Easter, but I was more surprised about what Seaside has been looking like.
 
Not necessarily true for Phase 2 and 3 in Watercolor OR Watersound. I know folks who have unoccupied places in both listed for rental.
 
Last edited:
But bookings have been comparable to last year, just occurring at the last minute (people looking for deals, but not getting them).
 
Traffic is very heavy on 30A. Traveling by all the restaurants look like they have full parking lots. We ate at Fish Out of Water this week at WaterColor and it was full. Interesting, lots of kids eating first class meals. George's at Alys Beach for lunch today was also totally packed.
 
Yes, tourist spending would be interesting. An uptick possibily from families foregoing the ski vacate or air travel vacate during these times. 30A has historically served the SE and 2 tanks of gas for a family of 5 is much cheaper than 5 plane tickets. Are they going to spend anything after getting there.... I imagine that the area publix down there will have record seasons with more people opting to dine in than out, and more opting to RR on the free beach vs. being entertained by the various pay activities. Hey "hope SPRINGS eternal" right

I understand that 395's Publix is already the most profitable Publix in the State.
 
Sister's theory is that a number of the kids and families who would usually go to Cancun or other parts of Mexico for vacation have decided to stay in the US because of the reports of increased crime in the country.
 
That's what I hear, Beachmouse. I certainly wouldn't let my college-aged children go to Mexico for spring break, although my son did a few years ago.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top