• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Soup

New posts
I am a purist...oranges and coconut. It would have been good with the soup.
I didn't realize until I looked online that ambrosia is defined as oranges and coconut. Mom always used oranges, coconut, red and green apples, pieapple, maraschino cherries, bananas, and chopped pecans. Hubby doesn't like the the coconut, so we omit that. And we add the pecans and bananas as we serve it because the bananas tend to get icky and the pecans get soggy.

Beach Runner - Thank you for agreeing to organize a cookbook! If volunteers are needed I would love to help.
We will need lots of volunteers. Thanks!

Sorry for the tangent.:blush:
 
I didn't realize until I looked online that ambrosia is defined as oranges and coconut. Mom always used oranges, coconut, red and green apples, pieapple, maraschino cherries, bananas, and chopped pecans. Hubby doesn't like the the coconut, so we omit that. And we add the pecans and bananas as we serve it because the bananas tend to get icky and the pecans get soggy.


We will need lots of volunteers. Thanks!

Sorry for the tangent.:blush:

:biggrin:Good tip about the bananas and pecans...will remember that.

I volunteer too!! Can't wait for the finished book!!:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top