Random thoughts:
I've often wished that Anita Page would come here and keep us updated on the SWCC and, when necessary, get us whipped into a frenzy about something or at least give us a nugget of information about stuff that may end up being something we need to know about.
Also, I view SoWal as being the daily newspaper that the county lacks. Not only are there very informed people reading and posting daily, but there is a great "collective wisdom" here when it comes to the hashing out of issues. It really is very impressive, and I agree that harnessing the "power" of SoWal in some consistent way can only add value to the community.
No offense meant to the Walton Sun, but when you have a daily newspaper taking a look at everything that happens in your backyard, there is so much more oversight of public officials. It appears that for years, the officials (most of them working in the north county anyway) have been used to facing little resistance to anything due to the lack of oversight. SoWal.com has almost become this de facto source of oversight, and I think county officials might be realizing this finally.
My thought is that if anyone tried to make anything "official" out of the evolving SoWal influence, it would be met with heavy resistance. However, if SoWal became more of an oversight agency (thanks to more posting from informed peeps like Anita Page), it could motivate more property owners to get their voices heard. A perfect example of this is Dave's postings re the sign issue. It will be interesting to see how this works out!
A formal committee might end up leaving out property owners who love SoWal and want to be a part of what happens there but don't live nearby. This is what makes SoWal.com so special. I guess what I'm saying is maybe with greater participation from influential locals, it can be made into more of what it already is.
