• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SoWal Cookbook

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts
After much behind the scenes discussion, I think we have decided that first and foremost, we need to have a "committee meeting" to discuss our thoughts, visions and suggestions for how we'd like to proceed. A couple of drafted committee members are MIA for a few days, but in the meantime, please pm me if you'd seriously like to be on the committee and we will try to coordinate it. The sheer geographical logistics are going to be a challenge since most of you are THERE and I am HERE. I don't think Mr. dd's gonna let me move to SoWal for a cookbook project either, :pissed:
I've loved all the suggestions so far. Lots of good ideas! If you really are interested in a "job" on the cookbook, please pm me with the particular area you'd be interested in....i.e. art, editing, stories, etc.

Once we get the direction nailed down, we can proceed to the next steps, but I feel this is vital before we go any further.
 
Wish I could help, but, all I have time for these days is tasting food. Is there a committee for that? Great idea, though. :wave:
 
spiral and pets

Love metal spiral, the plastic ones tend to break.... This might sound crazy but how bout a chapter on pet snacks...for the love of pets.....possible charity Alaqua Animal Refuge
 
Love metal spiral, the plastic ones tend to break.... This might sound crazy but how bout a chapter on pet snacks...for the love of pets.....possible charity Alaqua Animal Refuge


This is a good idea. We all have pets (most of us anyway) and I'm sure we'd like to make them some tasty nutritious snacks. I agree with you on the metal spiral. One of my all time favorite cookbooks with a plastic spiral is falling apart. :(
 
Love metal spiral, the plastic ones tend to break.... This might sound crazy but how bout a chapter on pet snacks...for the love of pets.....possible charity Alaqua Animal Refuge

I have never made snacks for my pet but I am sure people do.

I also have liked "kids recipes" in cookbooks as well. Food they can make which is simple and also funn stuff like homemade playdough, gloop, etc.
 
I have never made snacks for my pet but I am sure people do.

I also have liked "kids recipes" in cookbooks as well. Food they can make which is simple and also funn stuff like homemade playdough, gloop, etc.

Great ideas, y'all!! Keep 'em coming! :clap:
 
Yesterday I picked up a copy of our cookbook. I was told it was a hardback, but it isn't exactly. It looks like a hardback on the outside, but is concealed wire on the inside -- IT LIES FLAT!

Comments (with regard to the SoWal cookbook)? Yes, I know that "Grit and Grace" is the theme of Freeport, FL. I mentioned this to the cookbook committee, but since we use "grits," not "grit," I don't think that the lawyers in our league were concerned.

Here's the cover:

picture.php


Here's what the inside looks like:

picture.php
 
Last edited:
BR, I really like the looks of this book. It's a much "cleaner" look than the spiral on the outside. :clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top