• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SoWal Cookbook

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts
But, BR, we ARE small-town. That's why this is such a cool idea!

Plus, if it is hardbound and smaller than the typical Southern Living Cookbook, there is no way it would lay open flat, and that would make preparing recipes from it more difficult (at least for me).

I vote for spiral or comb-bound :wave:

Ditto.:wave: BR I love the idea of hardback but I believe the cost would over ride the charity donations. JMO. Maybe we could do both depending on the cost.
 
I vote for recipe cards held together with a rubber band. :biggrin:
 
SN has a good point. The cookbooks that are easiest for me to use are the ones that are spiral bound or in a 3 ring binger. I do like the look of the southern living cookbooks, nice to display but I generally reach for the "home made" cookbooks b/c I generally know people who submitted the recipes. I think the cookbooks that would make the most $$ for the charity would be best. A $20 cookbook would sell better than a $40 cookbook, IMHO.

So, who wants to sit on the porch of Sundog and sign cookbooks???:lol: Planters punch in one hand and a pen in the other.
 
So, who wants to sit on the porch of Sundog and sign cookbooks???:lol: Planters punch in one hand and a pen in the other.

Looooove this idea!
The SoWal Wenches' Cookbook Committee has a book signing!
 
I have a cookbook that was put together by friends & family of a wonderful lady that died from ALS and all the proceeds went to ALS. It is title "From the kitchens of MAMA and THEM" which was produced by Cookbooks by Morris Press with a phone number to call them. It looks very nice, has hardbound covers on the outside, and a spiral on the back. The minimum order is 200. I will call them today and ask for details.

....... and ya'll thought I would have nothing to contribute. :wave:
 
Last edited:
SN has a good point. The cookbooks that are easiest for me to use are the ones that are spiral bound or in a 3 ring binger. I do like the look of the southern living cookbooks, nice to display but I generally reach for the "home made" cookbooks b/c I generally know people who submitted the recipes. I think the cookbooks that would make the most $$ for the charity would be best. A $20 cookbook would sell better than a $40 cookbook, IMHO.

So, who wants to sit on the porch of Sundog and sign cookbooks???:lol: Planters punch in one hand and a pen in the other.

Oh, the vision!! :lol:

Looooove this idea!
The SoWal Wenches' Cookbook Committee has a book signing!

:clap:

I have a cookbook that was put together by friends & family of a wonderful lady that died from ALS and all the proceeds went to ALS. It is intitled "From the kitchens of MAMA and THEM" which was produced by Cookbooks by Morris Press with a phone number to call them. It looks very nice, has hardbound covers on the outside, and a spiral on the back. The minimum order is 200. I will call them today and ask for details.

....... and ya'll thought I would have nothing to contribute. :wave:

Well, who knew? :lol::lol::wub:
Let us know what you find out. :wave:
 
BTW part of the preliminary planning is deciding upon the target audience. That is closely related to the manner in which the book is bound.

The price of our league's comb-bound cookbook is $19.95. The price of the new hardbound cookbook is $24.95.
 
Last edited:
BTW part of the preliminary planning is deciding upon the target audience. That is closely related to the manner in which the book is bound.

The price of our league's comb-bound cookbook is $19.95. The price of the new hardbound cookbook is $24.95.

That's not a bad price for the hardbound.
 
Ok, since we ALL know I don't cook, I'm going to sacrifice myself for the cause and I will be a "Taster" for the recipes. Just let me know when & where. :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top