• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SoWal Cookbook

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts
deadline for recipe submissions?

We haven't decided yet. Still trying to decide details. Will post when I know. :biggrin:
 
I have a cookbook that was put together by friends & family of a wonderful lady that died from ALS and all the proceeds went to ALS. It is title "From the kitchens of MAMA and THEM" which was produced by Cookbooks by Morris Press with a phone number to call them. It looks very nice, has hardbound covers on the outside, and a spiral on the back. The minimum order is 200. I will call them today and ask for details.
DD has contacted them, as well as Fundcraft.
We have used this company at our church, they are very good and they will send you a free kit to get you started.
That's really good to hear. From my experience the kit is pretty standard. It's good to know that two of you have experience with Morris.

If any of you have experience with another publisher, will you let DD know?
 
How about a recipe for Red Bar smashed potatoes and Georges hush puppies? Maybe those could go in a seperate section

Grayt idea! We could have a separate chapter/section with local recipes....Red Bar crab cakes...:clap:
 
Grayt idea! We could have a separate chapter/section with local recipes....Red Bar crab cakes...:clap:

Yep. I'm pretty sure there's a plan for this. IF they'll divulge their secrets! :biggrin:
 
Count me in... I've got a grayt recipe for crabcakes and remoulade sauce to go with.
I also have been designing pages for mucho years and would be happy to help out with the book and the cover if you like. I use InDesign, so the PDF files need for most printers would be a breeze to prepare.

Being very familiar with the printing process, I would also be happy to be on that part of the committee.

One big cost factor would be if the book was in color on every page or just the cover... something to consider
 
Count me in... I've got a grayt recipe for crabcakes and remoulade sauce to go with.
I also have been designing pages for mucho years and would be happy to help out with the book and the cover if you like. I use InDesign, so the PDF files need for most printers would be a breeze to prepare.

Being very familiar with the printing process, I would also be happy to be on that part of the committee.

One big cost factor would be if the book was in color on every page or just the cover... something to consider

:clap:Hallelujah!! Glad this project got you to post! Will advise. :clap:
 
:clap:Hallelujah!! Glad this project got you to post! Will advise. :clap:
icon11.gif
Just call me the silent type! Thanks!
 
icon11.gif
Just call me the silent type! Thanks!


I meant to say too that I've looked at the color cover/color pages issue. I'm sure we can use your advise/expertise on this when the time comes. :D
 
This cookbook needs the help of people with diverse skills. Our newest cookbook had the following members:
Chair
Co-Chair
Design Chair
Taste-Testing Chair
Marketing Chair
2 Research Chairs
2 Typing Chairs
2 Proofing Chairs
2 Contributing Writers (essays for each section)
Plus the help of 8 guest chefs

EDITED due to me typing so slowly that my post was out of context. :blush:
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top