Glad to see this thread get revived!
Jdarg, ECMS is a great school and I'm sure your son will enjoy it. I can't wait to have you as a volunteer either! We've got lots of different things going on and planned for this coming year, some fund-raising (Sally Foster gift wrap sales), some fun(n) (Bridge Tournaments and lessons), and others just downright helping out (School Dances). I'm sorry I wasn't there last Friday when you stopped by - I would have loved meeting you!
Indigo Jill, the electives at ECMS vary each year depending upon the teachers and their interests and specialties. Currently, the electives are Spanish, German, extra P.E., Dance, Art, Chorus, Band, Technology and Journalism. French is not one of the electives this year. Students who score poorly on the FCATs are required to take extra English or Math for their elective.
Jdarg, no, the high school does not offer latin. They don't have a teacher for it. I asked when enrolling my 9th grader this year. I wish they did (although I am sure Jack is glad they don't!)
Beachmom, do we know each other? Our children probably are in some classes together!
For all of you ECMS parents out there, if you're not on my e-mail list, PM me with your info and I'll put you on. I hold the list very close - you will not get any spam. (If you did not receive an e-mail earlier this week about the next 2 PTO meetings, you are not on the current list)
Sunshine, aka Garner Chandler, aka ECMS PTO President