• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SoWell on Sowal

New posts
Tootsie said:
My goals:

1) lose about 30
2) get more energy!
3) get in shape!
4) make good nutrition a priority for me and family.
5) make Smiling Joe dance with me

that's it in a nutshell. now, the question is HOW. I'm working on it...

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

And when you accomplish #5, I'll come down there and congratulate you in person!
 
destindreamin said:
Goals:

1. To be able to wear all those clothes that I refuse to get rid of because "I'll wear them again, someday". Someday is here.
2. To be around to watch my grandchildren grow up.
3. To make better choices concerning food, fitness and habits.

Realities:

1. I'm a slug, what can I say? Absolutely HATE exercise!
2. I love good food? And by good, I mean butter, cheese(especially blue), and liquor.
3. I need prodding, coaxing and downright meaness to get me off my a$$!

So, there you have it in a nutshell. Lindabobhat, NOW gimme that peptalk and copy your tips over here. Tootsie and Cork, I'm so proud of you girls! Your a$$es will thank you later! SJ, well there are just no words for your contribution here:floor: Triple B and 30gAy: I like the way you think!

I have begun to eat low fat, low sugar. I have begun to walk an 80 lb. dog at least once a day--or should I say, she walks me, and she hates little yappy dogs. My shoulders are quite sore today from holding her back from eating two little yappy dogs. So, this is the beginning. Hey, you gotta start somewhere, right?

Just think if we lived near each other we could burn some cals! You could keep your 80 lb dog from eating my 2 yappy dogs! One of which decided the bag of topsoil FBB kept stashed under the Magnolia tree in the back yard, would make a great snack earlier today! :bang: I expect the "redistribution" process will be painful. And I don't mean for Mr. YipYap! :bang: At this point, your eighty pounder may get an eighteen pound snack!
 
gotothebeachmom said:
Just think if we lived near each other we could burn some cals! You could keep your 80 lb dog from eating my 2 yappy dogs! One of which decided the bag of topsoil FBB kept stashed under the Magnolia tree in the back yard, would make a great snack earlier today! :bang: I expect the "redistribution" process will be painful. And I don't mean for Mr. YipYap! :bang: At this point, your eighty pounder may get an eighteen pound snack!

Awwwww.....gttbm, I love all dogs, but Maggie on the other hand, for some reason gets a little irritated when they yap at her....go figure. Anyhoo, sorry to hear about your "redistribution" issues--been there. If I was there, I'd burn some cals and redistribute it for ya! :biggrin:
 
destindreamin said:
Awwwww.....gttbm, I love all dogs, but Maggie on the other hand, for some reason gets a little irritated when they yap at her....go figure. Anyhoo, sorry to hear about your "redistribution" issues--been there. If I was there, I'd burn some cals and redistribute it for ya! :biggrin:

Seriously, I :wub: dogs too. But Bailey and Guinness are nickenamed Yip and Yap! Typical of dogs their size. But geez! Sometimes......:roll:. Love them wouldn't trade them. But shush already!

I think the redistribution is taking place as we speak.
 
;-) :biggrin:
 
Tootsie said:
My goals:

1) lose about 30
2) get more energy!
3) get in shape!
4) make good nutrition a priority for me and family.
5) make Smiling Joe dance with me

that's it in a nutshell. now, the question is HOW. I'm working on it...
Hey, these all work for me--can I borrow them?
Tree, this is the DVD Jenay recommended:
B0002J58ME.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg


There's a whole series of the 10 Minute Solution tapes, but Jenay can tell you more about them.
P.S. I had to go find this to be able to tell you what it was. I'm hopeless. :oops:
 
I used to exercise frequently, but I can't do anything really strenuous right now. I don't need to lose weight, just stretch muscles and firm a little. My doc recommended yoga, but I never have done it, and I can't take a class. (or have the energy right now) so can anyone recommend a good yoga video?
 
Mango said:
I used to exercise frequently, but I can't do anything really strenuous right now. I don't need to lose weight, just stretch muscles and firm a little. My doc recommended yoga, but I never have done it, and I can't take a class. (or have the energy right now) so can anyone recommend a good yoga video?

Watch it on Fit TV. Check your cable to see what channel it's on.
 
:eek: My goal is to get my 30 back off. Had gained to 180lbs back in 98. I blame that on an extended stay in Cajun LA with homemade cajun cooking. I am sure I lost some after coming back home from Louisiana. Hated myself for gaining that much weight. I put myself on a 1200 calorie a day diet back in 2000 and walked every day and lost 50 pounds on my own. I had pretty much kept it off until about 9 months ago and now have gained 30 back. Makes me sick. I worked so hard at getting the weight off and kept it off for about 5 years. I do not eat bad now. I eat alot of salads and vegetables and love grilled and broiled chicken. These cereals like Grape Nut Flakes state that you can lose 10 lbs if you replace two meals with just a bowl of cereal with a 1/2 cup fresh fruit also. Special K I think is one also. Have a regular meal at lunch. I eat cereal for breakfast and alot of times for supper.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top