• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Sweet Corn Pudding recipe please

New posts
bratwurst may be northern, but it has become a southern favorite brought to at least our area in florida by quite a few cheeseheads. you know who you are...:wave:
Does the Publix in Seagrove still have the Johnsonville pre-cooked frozen brats in a bag? They are so convenient -- we grill 'em on the Foreman, and since they're pre-cooked, you don't have to worry about getting ill from undercooked pork.

The Publix here in GA stopped carrying them this year. I requested a special order, and the store manager said they weren't on the list of things they could order. I asked why, and he said that when that happens, the stores don't sell enough of the product. I told him that didn't make sense because the Kroger next door (where I hate to shop -- too dirty) carries them.:idontno:

Sorry, I guess this is off-thread. Brats are good with corn dishes. ;-)
 

Maybe Brats and rhubarb are just a midwestern thang. The precooked ones are great for a quick meal. Pop 'em in the microwave and go!
My grandparents are from Kentucky and Virginia so I've had my taste of southern dishes too. I am so making some corn pudding soon!!! I've never been a collard greens fan though. The day after I had Sam the nurse brought my lunch and greens were on the lunch tray. I ate them b/c I wanted her to be healthy ( nursing, new mom thing) and lets just say it wasn't a good idea.:roll: I think that was the last time.
 
It's our turn for the "ribs 'n chicken" bbq. I've heard of sweet corn pudding, but can't find a recipe. The ones I've found call for canned corn. Does anyone have a sweet corn pudding recipe they'd be willing to share?

If you haven't already had your bbq, here's the recipe I grew up with. My recipe card is so old the ink's faded, but I still make it all the time. I think the recipe originally came from the American Heritage Cookbook that was published in the '60s.

CORN PUDDING

2 T chopped green peppers
15 oz can corn, or 3 cups fresh kernels shaved from cob
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c (4 0z) shredded Cheddar
1/4 c flour
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp each of nutmeg and pepper
2 c half and half
1 tsp butter
1 T butter, melted

Saute peppers in 1 tsp butter in non-stick pan. Combine peppers, corn, eggs, cheddar in a bowl, mixing well. Combine flour with next four dry ingredients and add to corn mixture. Stir in half and half and the 1 T melted butter. Pour mixture into lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Place pan into a larger pan filled to a depth of one inch water (do not skip this step). Bake uncovered for 1 hour, 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Top will be nicely browned when done.

enjoy!
 
Mermaid, this sounds so good. I will try it. We have had our BBQ. I did Ina Garten's recipe. I think I did something wrong, or her call for a 8 to 10 cup souffle/baking dish was off. Mine overflowed a little. Okay, a lot. :eek: :blush: It was still great tasting. Everyone said they loved it and it did taste good. Aren't friends great! :cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top