• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Taylor Hicks

New posts
Smiling JOe said:
Simon sees Baldy's talents and knows the teenie boppers will not vote him as winner in the end -- Simon is trying to help him out.
That's totally what it is.

Taylor was good tonight. I still would like to see him really wail tho. He's restraining himself and looks slightly uncomfortable. And I agree with Simon on Taylor's stylist. They need to let him be more himself.
 
Paula said:
As I said on another thread, I'm going to be in the American Idol audience on April 4 with my family and my sister and brother in law and their two kids. We're going to make posters. Any suggestions for what I could put on mine that would be clever and get a little attention? My favorites are Taylor, Chris, and Mandisa.

I thought Taylor's face looked thinner tonight (and mentioned it when I saw him) but his body doesn't. He is definitely the most "soulful" of the group. Loved the song he sang tonight.

Have funn! You could start another thread for catchy slogans. But I would definitely do separate posters for each one. I don't have any ideas off the top of my head. :idontno:

I thought Katharine and Taylor were excellent, and Chris and Mandisa were very good but like Simon said a bit OTT. It was a rough night overall though -- sorta painful. Lisa trying to do Kelly Clarkson only emphasized her shortcomings. I think she will be done.
 
SJ, I think you hit the nail on the head. Simon is definitely sending Chris mixed messages. Loved the Taylor song. Thought he was definitely the best tonight.
 
Paula said:
As I said on another thread, I'm going to be in the American Idol audience on April 4 with my family and my sister and brother in law and their two kids. We're going to make posters. Any suggestions for what I could put on mine that would be clever and get a little attention? My favorites are Taylor, Chris, and Mandisa.

I thought Taylor's face looked thinner tonight (and mentioned it when I saw him) but his body doesn't. He is definitely the most "soulful" of the group. Loved the song he sang tonight.

put "SoWal Loves Taylor" or something so we'll know you
 
TooFarTampa said:
Have funn! You could start another thread for catchy slogans. But I would definitely do separate posters for each one. I don't have any ideas off the top of my head. :idontno:

I thought Katharine and Taylor were excellent, and Chris and Mandisa were very good but like Simon said a bit OTT. It was a rough night overall though -- sorta painful. Lisa trying to do Kelly Clarkson only emphasized her shortcomings. I think she will be done.

Exactly my sentiments. Katharine, Taylor and Paris. Mandisa has a powerful voice but I just don't see her winning? All of the judges seemed a bit grouchy tonight but I'm sure they were right. Too Far, why are we the only ones that like Katharine? Could it be she's from Tampa and we're biased. I just think she's so comfortable and really connects. :idontno:
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
Exactly my sentiments. Katharine, Taylor and Paris. Mandisa has a powerful voice but I just don't see her winning? All of the judges seemed a bit grouchy tonight but I'm sure they were right. Too Far, why are we the only ones that like Katharine? Could it be she's from Tampa and we're biased. I just think she's so comfortable and really connects. :idontno:

Cork, I like Katharine too, but for some reason, she doesn't get mentioned much:idontno: I think she's really pretty, and sings great, but I don't see her winning either--heck, I don't know WHO will win..and I'm too tired to ponder this tonite! :lol:
 
destindreamin said:
Cork, I like Katharine too, but for some reason, she doesn't get mentioned much:idontno: I think she's really pretty, and sings great, but I don't see her winning either--heck, I don't know WHO will win..and I'm too tired to ponder this tonite! :lol:

I hear you! For all I know, chicken little could have won. It will start getting interesting though.
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
I hear you! For all I know, chicken little could have won. It will start getting interesting though.

Yes, it will be exciting from here on out. I just hope there's better songs in the coming weeks!! :idontno:
 
I dont know why Katherine doesnt connect with me. She's gorgeous, probably the best female singer, a good performer, the whole package. Maybe she's just not as much my thing, a bit polished, like Celine Dion. I wish her well though.

Taylor is so much the real deal for me. He is steeped in authentic southern roots, and lives music. I'm such a fan. His pre-Idol CD has some *great* songs on it too.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top