• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Taylor Hicks

New posts
Friends, friends, friends....please don't let Katherine be in the final 3 again, until the reallllll final 3. That is just wrong! She has got the best voice and is the most beautiful! I guess she is missing some of the personality that Kellie has but come on....stay up and vote next week! :bang: :wub:
 
Cork On the Ocean said:
I think Katie and SJ are right that Katherine won't last till the end but I was shocked :eek: that she was in the bottom 3
Well I never said she wouldnt last until the end. I just said I didn't 'connect' with her, personally, on an emotional level. Music, for me, is so much more than proper singing and beauty. I can appreciate talent, which she has in spades. But I seek out music that makes me feel something, transcends me in some way or another. She doesn't do that at all for me, she leaves me feeling nothing--but that's just me. Darn good singer though, technically probably the best.

It's like comparing Joe Satriani or Jaco Pastorius to, say, Carlos Santana or (early) Clapton. The two former guys can smoke anyone, technically. But Carlos and Eric can take just one long guitar note, and eek out so much emotion in that one note that they tell the story of the world..or make you cry. That's what I'm talking about. Taylor to me has the closest grasp on this, and for him, it's innate, it's just in his blood.
 
katie blue said:
Well I never said she wouldnt last until the end. I just said I didn't 'connect' with her, personally, on an emotional level. Music, for me, is so much more than proper singing and beauty. I can appreciate talent, which she has in spades. But I seek out music that makes me feel something, transcends me in some way or another. She doesn't do that at all for me, she leaves me feeling nothing--but that's just me. Darn good singer though, technically probably the best.

It's like comparing Joe Satriani or Jaco Pastorius to, say, Carlos Santana or (early) Clapton. The two former guys can smoke anyone, technically. But Carlos and Eric can take just one long guitar note, and eek out so much emotion in that one note that they tell the story of the world..or make you cry. That's what I'm talking about. Taylor to me has the closest grasp on this, and for him, it's innate, it's just in his blood.

Ditto

Actually, I think Katharina, or whatever her name is, stands a good chance to win because the teenie boppers will vote for her.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Ditto

Actually, I think Katharina, or whatever her name is, stands a good chance to win because the teenie boppers will vote for her.
They didn't vote for her this week!!! :eek:
 
scrltbegonya said:
Don't forget American Idol Tonite!
Yea, and can we all TRY to vote for Katharine so she is not in the bottom two again! Let's decide ahead who we are voting for tonight.
Taylor
Mandisa
Paris
Katharine
Chris
Elliott

:idontno: Are ya with me??????
 
steele mama said:
Yea, and can we all TRY to vote for Katharine so she is not in the bottom two again! Let's decide ahead who we are voting for tonight.
Taylor
Mandisa
Paris
Katharine
Chris
Elliott

:idontno: Are ya with me??????

I'm with ya!
 
I'm in Los Angeles now and we're going to spend the next few hours making our posters for American Idol tonight with the kids and my sister-in-law and their family. My poster is going to be for Taylor Hicks I believe (yikes, we bought about $35 worth of poster-making stuff yesterday). Right now I'm planning to wear my jeans and a nice V-neck wrap around sweater (it's pouring like heck outside!). We get to the studio around 3:30 and the show starts around 5:00 California time I think. We're all excited!

Well, off to make posters. I'll let you know what it was like to be at American Idol tomorrow. Pretty darn fun I would guess!
 
Have funn Paula! We'll be watching for you and the girls!!!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top