• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

trip report so far

New posts
I really appreciate the honesty of the board. I am coming and i want to know what sucks. I also would like to know why. That way, when we come we can spend our money wisely. With gasoline prices and the other prices, a budget is a necessity. Hope I do not offend any of you, because I have really come to like this board. It is unique.
 
SBilliter said:
I really appreciate the honesty of the board. I am coming and i want to know what sucks. I also would like to know why. That way, when we come we can spend our money wisely. With gasoline prices and the other prices, a budget is a necessity. Hope I do not offend any of you, because I have really come to like this board. It is unique.

I just have to say this. What one person thinks sucks, you may not. So if I were you I would give it a try myself and form my own opinion. I happen to really like a particular restaurant that other's on this board don't like. However, I don't fault them for that. Different strokes you know. So go, and check out the restaurants for yourself, because who know's you might just like it...or not. Just my .02.
 
SBilliter said:
I really appreciate the honesty of the board. I am coming and i want to know what sucks. I also would like to know why. That way, when we come we can spend our money wisely. With gasoline prices and the other prices, a budget is a necessity. Hope I do not offend any of you, because I have really come to like this board. It is unique.

Like Kathy says, it's subjective. After you eat somewhere, put up a review in the restaurant folder. That folder exists to help people make sound dining decisions. If you are going to spend hard-earned money on dining out, you want to make the right decision in advance. Even then, you aren't guaranteed a good experience, but your chances go way up.

When you put up a review, just give some details as to why the meal was good or bad, or why you may or may not go there again.

Happy dining.
 
Subjectivity is just that. I personally love the crabcakes at Red Bar, others don't ...that's just fine with me. I had a not so good experience at Another Broken Egg, others swear by it! If the food is not up to par with what you have experienced in the past, I'd like to hear about that. It could have been an off night, what you ordered or a trend. I also want to hear about good experiences...food, service, etc. I hear the pain though when you have just a few opportunitites for dining out and they fall short of what you had hoped for.

Please don't stop posting! Everyone has valuable things to say!
 
I would like to bottom line this thread (yea right):

On this board we are free to say what we do like and what we don't like without fear of retribution. Just don't say you don't like my kids! :biggrin:
 
steele mama said:
I would like to bottom line this thread (yea right):

On this board we are free to say what we do like and what we don't like without fear of retribution. Just don't say you don't like my kids! :biggrin:

:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
 
steele mama said:
I would like to bottom line this thread (yea right):

On this board we are free to say what we do like and what we don't like without fear of retribution. Just don't say you don't like my kids! :biggrin:
Like them, I love them. :wub::wub::wub:

Much truth in that which many people are stating. While I don't like the food or service at Restaurant X, they pack the house and everyone seems to be enjoying the atmosphere so much, that I think it rubs off onto the food and service. Tourists are generally at ease and relaxed and have no where to go and all day to get there, so speedy service is not so needed by them. Also, anyone on vacation (not at the office) will find any food tastier than eating when stuck in their normal routine. If you read many comments informing you of the same great or terrible food, you should place some credibility on those posts. One or two exceptions to the norm, either good or bad, should promptly be thrown out the door. It doesn't mean that they were credible for that particular occasion, just probably not the norm. ;-)
 
Sueshore said:
Subjectivity is just that. I personally love the crabcakes at Red Bar, others don't ...that's just fine with me. I had a not so good experience at Another Broken Egg, others swear by it! If the food is not up to par with what you have experienced in the past, I'd like to hear about that. It could have been an off night, what you ordered or a trend. I also want to hear about good experiences...food, service, etc. I hear the pain though when you have just a few opportunitites for dining out and they fall short of what you had hoped for.

Please don't stop posting! Everyone has valuable things to say!


I wholeheartedly agree Sueshore! Funny you should use Another Broken Egg as an example. I had heard so many good things about it, and mentioned it to my son and daughter-in-law when they were down there a couple of weeks ago. They called me back the next day after they had tried it and couldn't stop talking about how WONDERFUL the place was and how absolutely delicious their breakfast was. When we drove down a few days later they insisted on going back there so we could experience the wonderful breakfast! I ordered the traditional breakfast...bacon & eggs, etc., while they ordered one of the more exotic offerings. They all raved about their breakfast (as did I after I took a taste!), while mine was cold, eggs runny and definitely below average in my book. So....this was a good example of individual differences. It was an "off-day" for the traditional breakfast. I might not have considered going back for a second try were it not for the fact that everyone else's breakfast was sensational!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top