• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

trolley Service 30A

New posts
Fact: Chat. Tenn. Has a pop of about 200,000 with 21% living at a poverty level. Sounds like a place public trans should go well if paid by gov.
 
Guru is not my competitor. We move in different circles. I was involved in Aspen col attempt by the largest transportation comp in town in the early 80s to start a private shuttle. It was a miserable failure. I watched st Louis start their program. They ende up paying first time passengers. It's gurus money, not mine!
 
Guru is not my competitor. We move in different circles. I was involved in Aspen col attempt by the largest transportation comp in town in the early 80s to start a private shuttle. It was a miserable failure. I watched st Louis start their program. They ende up paying first time passengers. It's gurus money, not mine![/QUOTE]

Sorry, your first post sounded a little whiney.
My thoughts exactly. If the guy wants to run a trolley I'm all for it. I do think that it will work at least for a couple of months out of the year.
 
Just cur, I'm just curious, would open a buisness here that survival depended on a couple of months a year? My buisness will not fail due to a shuttle. In fact it will prosper. My objection would be for my tax money assisting it at this time.
 
I am all for a PRIVATELY run shuttle.. but since I have been (and still am) living on a dirt road in SOWAL for over 20 years I think that we need to address THAT problem before they start spending MY tax dollars on a shuttle that will only run along 30A.
 
Last edited:
Just cur, I'm just curious, would open a buisness here that survival depended on a couple of months a year? My buisness will not fail due to a shuttle. In fact it will prosper. My objection would be for my tax money assisting it at this time.

The guy has a successful business already. This would just be another option he offers. If he wants to run two months a year, great. I also agree that if they put public funds towards this that we need to make sure we are ready for it and can support it, but I did not see where they said that in the article. This is a private business endeavor at this point, at least based on this article. Has the county said they are funding this?
 
I don't agree with public funds at all. A user fee and advertisment sales would do nicely. Maybe "stops" sponsored by interested business would also bring revenue. I would hope the vehicle wouldn't be an eyesore like that drunk bus thing parked in SGB too. I would probably use the trolley though, parking can be a pain and I think it would be neat.

Just keep my "public funds" out of it and wait for my tokens. :-)
 
Just curious, the article said nothing about public funding but said "friends of 30a" ( the Santa rosa beach and country club) are supporting him. "the friends" are the ones who just paid for the trial shuttle day a few weeks ago. At that time there was discussion about public money.
We might be getting back doored!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top