• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Vacation plans and beach access

New posts
I agree the "terrorizing pedestrians" was a little strongly worded but that's how my 11 year old described the road so thats what I wrote.
 
I've always heard (and I may be incorrect) but Rosemary's biggest concern is parking. They really don't have enough parking for people to come in and stay put all day while enjoying the beach. Without access to short term parking, the restaurants and shops can't survive! So, it's provide beach parking or retail. I vote for retail. There are other places to go to the beach!

as mentioned above, parking takes up valuable real estate. rosemary has about the worst parking plan and the narrowest streets of them all. some planner's smart idea...

the idea of them touting the number of people they kicked out is par for the course, sadly.
 
We are looking into going to Seabrook SC on vacation next year. Anyone have any contacts in Seabrook?

Seabrook Island is an interesting choice as it is primarily a private, gated island as are most here in SC. Here is your best bet for a rental with beach access.

Seabrook Island Resort

www.seabrook.com

A mere 30 minutes south of bustling Charleston, Seabrook Island Resort offers visitors an uncrowded and serene escape. A 2,200-acre, privately gated, beachfront community, Seabrook features a fine collection of luxurious private homes, villas and cottages with sweeping views of the ocean. With two premier golf courses, a top-rated racquet club and the area's only full-service equestrian center, Seabrook is an active vacationer's dream.
 
I agree the "terrorizing pedestrians" was a little strongly worded but that's how my 11 year old described the road so thats what I wrote.
Darwin, due to your statements concerning South Walton, yesterday I called all our County Commissioners to express my concern about beach usage and the loss of families like yours coming to the area. I also called the TDC and had a long conversation with one of their spokesman. He told me something I found very interesting. He said that 99.9% of the calls he receives about use of the beach are from "private" beach owners complaining about the use of "their" beach. If this is true, us SoWalers in favor of public use of the beach are really dropping the ball. How about some calls to the Commissioners and TDC expressing your opionions. What does everyone think?
 
As a long time visitor top Sowal, if I cannot access and use the beach except for the 5' public access and the wet sand area, then there is no reason for me to ever come back there.

Sorry.
 
Darwin, due to your statements concerning South Walton, yesterday I called all our County Commissioners to express my concern about beach usage and the loss of families like yours coming to the area. I also called the TDC and had a long conversation with one of their spokesman. He told me something I found very interesting. He said that 99.9% of the calls he receives about use of the beach are from "private" beach owners complaining about the use of "their" beach. If this is true, us SoWalers in favor of public use of the beach are really dropping the ball. How about some calls to the Commissioners and TDC expressing your opionions. What does everyone think?

I would really like to see the stats on this; is it 99.9% of 20 calls, or 2,000..if anyone from the TDC is reading this, perhaps a report on this kind of information would be helpful to people trying to figure out what is going on with the public vs private beach issue.
 
scott brannon <brascott@co.walton.fl.us>,
Cindy Meadows <meacindy@co.Walton.fl.us>,
Sara Commander <comsara@co.Walton.fl.us>,
ken pridgen <prikenneth@co.walton.fl.us>,
larry jones <jonlarry@co.walton.fl.us>
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top