• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton Sun on Cooper...

New posts
Open ended questions?

TO 5TH GEN LOCAL The only open ended question in my mind is, How are you and the 6th Gen Candidate related ? As a "4th Gen Local" myself, I know for a mathamatical certainty that you and the 6th Gen Candidate are bound to be related. If you're not related, that means that one of your Grandmothers was "Shawana the Bearded Jungle Woman" at the 1962 Walton County Fair, and I'm sure you remember how ugly she was. Now that we have that question answered, did Uncle Clayton have access to the questions when "6th Gen" was interviewed for City Marshal. Since he was City Attorney at the time, I'm pretty sure all he had to do to gain access to these public documents was reach in his briefcase. I remember one time two of my uncles were cleaning out my Grandmother's septic tank. They had raised the lid up and were dipping it out with a bucket and rope and making a mess. My Grandmother came out of the house and saw what a mess they were making and gave these wise words of advise....."If ya'll keep your mouth's wide open, you won't get none on your face". Good advise to mud slingers also.
 
The only advance notice I see here is the WALTON SUN "knew in advance"

that if they had run this petty, non-issue article last week, they would not

have been able to collect the advertising income that this candidate is

likely to be spending this weekend. Since the truckstop and the chicken plant

are closed, I think all the whores and chickens moved to the SUN.


Did it occur to you that the reporter hasn't been there very long? I know he didn't work there when I left in January. Maybe he's just recently heard the rumor and decided to ask the questions.:idontno: I can assure you that the Sun reporters have nothing to gain or lose by running a story to keep or prevent advertising.
Advertising doesn't know what stories are going in the paper and Editorial doesn't know what ads are going in.
Everyone that lives/works here is not FROM here and therefore don't know the "history" of politricks in Walton county.
If you want more current, up to date reporting, maybe you should supply some stories... I hear they are short staffed.

:wave:
 
Some stories that have not made it into the Sun that have been posted in SoWal. Fire Truck responds with no water, counseling administered, no story. Stories about political signs disappearing, no story. Some stories that have yet to appear, a few weeks ago people standing on 98 and Scenic Gulf soliciting money, The Sun did a story about this causing enforcment of violators, No story. I can think of stories they have been made aware of they did not cover, whether that is right or wrong I can't say, and maybe the Cooper story was not politically motivated, but this paper has been sliding in my eyes. It should stick to the fluff and try to avoid the hard hitting news because its obviously selective as to what they believe is NEWS.

I voted for Cooper and Bruanstein.
 
Did it occur to you that the reporter hasn't been there very long? I know he didn't work there when I left in January. Maybe he's just recently heard the rumor and decided to ask the questions.:idontno: I can assure you that the Sun reporters have nothing to gain or lose by running a story to keep or prevent advertising.
Advertising doesn't know what stories are going in the paper and Editorial doesn't know what ads are going in.
Everyone that lives/works here is not FROM here and therefore don't know the "history" of politricks in Walton county.
If you want more current, up to date reporting, maybe you should supply some stories... I hear they are short staffed.

:wave:

ha...short staffed is an understatement

best of lucky to debbie and nate....

:eek:
 
Utilizing 'contacts' to acquire a 'leg-up' is human nature,....but unfortunately it has difficulty passing the "smell test", especially when the "prize" is the position of SHERIFF whom we all expect to be idealistic, aboveboard, ethical and trustworthy; 'shortcuts' can be indeed damaging if merely rationalized and not convincingly explained...........
 
Utilizing 'contacts' to acquire a 'leg-up' is human nature,....but unfortunately it has difficulty passing the "smell test", especially when the "prize" is the position of SHERIFF whom we all expect to be idealistic, aboveboard, ethical and trustworthy; 'shortcuts' can be indeed damaging if merely rationalized and not convincingly explained...........


If you really think that anyone in this race "whom we all expect to be idealistic, aboveboard, ethical and trustworthy" fits all these criteria, then I have a house in the bayou to sell you.:floor::floor::floor:
 
Ok, I woke up this morning, battled the wind and rain and retrieved my SUN newspaper. I brought it in and expecting to find some earth shattering news about a candidate, I was disappointed. Same old stuff, we?ve heard about all week, without a full understanding of the event. It disappoints me when I read and see this kind of political tactic. But we are human and we all make mistakes. Did this story make news in 2007? I don?t remember hearing anything about this until now. The question I ask myself is, ?why is this coming out now? ? Why is it big news now? Is this, ?Shock and Awe??:yikes: What is it suppose to do?:confused:
Whatever it is or isn?t, there are only a few more days left before the election and a lot of very important decisions will be made on Tuesday. A good thing to do is to sit quietly somewhere and pray to God for direction. Nothing wrong with asking for some guidance from the One who knows each and every candidates, true heart. Call the candidate(s) ask the questions you want answered. Talk as a family about all you have heard and seen in the forums about what each stands for and does it fit what you?re looking for in a leader.
And do get out and VOTE. I took advantage of voting early and it feels great. It was my, Vote, and no one can take it away. VOTE VOTE VOTE Tuesday:wub::wave:
 
It wouldn't have been news in 2007, Cooper wasn't running for office. During an election, everything gets brought to the paper and even if it's not New, the public still has a right to know, no matter how old. There' s also a story on a former commissioner who suddenly divorced his wife of 38 years to protect assets, as he is being sued. This wouldn't be news either if he were not a former elected official. Bottom line, use your own judgement and if you don't agree with the reports that are always going to surface during elections, don't read the smacks.

:roll:
 
It wouldn't have been news in 2007, Cooper wasn't running for office. During an election, everything gets brought to the paper and even if it's not New, the public still has a right to know, no matter how old. There' s also a story on a former commissioner who suddenly divorced his wife of 38 years to protect assets, as he is being sued. This wouldn't be news either if he were not a former elected official. Bottom line, use your own judgement and if you don't agree with the reports that are always going to surface during elections, don't read the smacks.

:roll:

I know the intent of the story was to hurt Mr. Cooper's candidacy, and I think that failed.:clap: But I think the bigger story would be why a county employee recieved discipline for releasing a public record.:idontno: Does this sort of thing happen often?
 
I know the intent of the story was to hurt Mr. Cooper's candidacy, and I think that failed.:clap: But I think the bigger story would be why a county employee recieved discipline for releasing a public record.:idontno: Does this sort of thing happen often?

Come on, Walton Sun.........no go for the real story!!!!

What happened to the first class paper the Sun used to be. They have lost their substance and content. Sad....:cry:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top