• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Walton Sun on Cooper...

New posts
Come on, Walton Sun.........no go for the real story!!!!

What happened to the first class paper the Sun used to be. They have lost their substance and content. Sad....:cry:

They lost a lot of key people that made it what it was. Reporters use a weekly paper to get their feet wet, and then they move on to a daily paper. The Sun has lost many a reporter to the Daily News. Hence the high turnover rate and rookie transplants reporting. Yes, it makes me sad too. I still love my Sun though. :blush:
 
It wouldn't have been news in 2007, Cooper wasn't running for office. During an election, everything gets brought to the paper and even if it's not New, the public still has a right to know, no matter how old. There' s also a story on a former commissioner who suddenly divorced his wife of 38 years to protect assets, as he is being sued. This wouldn't be news either if he were not a former elected official. Bottom line, use your own judgement and if you don't agree with the reports that are always going to surface during elections, don't read the smacks.

:roll:

Sounds like the old subliminal messaging techinque. It doesn't make sense, just put it out there.:idontno::wave:
 
Gotta fill pages with something.......................got any mullet?
 
If you really think that anyone in this race "whom we all expect to be idealistic, aboveboard, ethical and trustworthy" fits all these criteria, then I have a house in the bayou to sell you.:floor::floor::floor:

My Mama used to say "Rationalization is the key to happiness"....; See how happy "rationalization" just made you Idlewind ?

Yes, I really do think ANYONE in this race for Sheriff should be idealistic, aboveboard, ethical, and trustworthy;..... So, keep your "house in the bayou",.. you may want to rent it to some less ethical Sheriff candidate loser who just might have rationalized away HIS ethics,..AND his opportunity because the rest of the citizenry also expect him to be above reproach....
 
Last edited:
My Mama used to say "Rationalization is the key to happiness"....; See how happy "rationalization" just made you Idlewind ?

Yes, I really do think ANYONE in this race for Sheriff should be idealistic, aboveboard, ethical, and trustworthy;..... So, keep your "house in the bayou",.. you may want to rent it to some less ethical Sheriff candidate loser who just might have rationalized away HIS ethics,..AND his opportunity because the rest of the citizenry also expect him to be above reproach....

So Stripes(less) tell us what Mr Adkinson has done now? You did mention renting Idlewinds property out to a "less ethical sheriff candidate loser" so I am sure Idle needs a heads up before signing the contract with him. (and I think you should have used the term unethical but if I remember you do have a problem with phonics and grammar)
 
So Stripes(less) tell us what Mr Adkinson has done now? You did mention renting Idlewinds property out to a "less ethical sheriff candidate loser" so I am sure Idle needs a heads up before signing the contract with him. (and I think you should have used the term unethical but if I remember you do have a problem with phonics and grammar)

Thanks for your 'help' with grammer and phonics "drivingthru";
"Adkinson"?...I thought the topic was Cooper's acquisition of so-called "public records" gathered by his girlfriend....
Maybe you should just keep on 'driving through' "DrivingThru"
 
Thanks for your 'help' with grammer and phonics "drivingthru";
"Adkinson"?...I thought the topic was Cooper's acquisition of so-called "public records" gathered by his girlfriend....
Maybe you should just keep on 'driving through' "DrivingThru"

Yes child the thread is about Cooper and family, but was it not you that that deviated from the topic with a comment or two about Idlewind? Please accept my most sincere apologies for striking a nerve when mentioning a candidate that you support, that was not my intent at all. I will not charge you for the English lesson, as I try and do my part to help those less fortunate than myself.
But allow me to comment, since you asked, regarding Cooper's situation. Based on what was posted (its in the Sun today by the way) can you tell me where the news about HIM is? IF (emphasis on if) the article is correct, what has been done wrong? He said he should have gone to get them from Human Resources but he didnt (at least he made a comment on a newspaper article which has put him ahead of Sheriff Johnson's "cant be reached for comment"). I see a much more interesting story about his grilfriend because I dont believe they have answered the question I have and that is why she was disciplined. The most interesting part of the story is its timing. In other words, Cooper not a candidate, Cooper not a story. Obviously this didnt just suddenly appear out of thin air. Since it happend a year ago, I am sure a "camp" was waiting with baited breath to get to the paper and why not in the last print before the election?
So you see Stripes(less) I have returned the thread to the topic and, at your request provided you with a point of view. Honestly, I would much rather read a pot shot at a candidate that was worthy of mudslinging, something like stealing money, committing murder, SOMETHING that is exciting....
 
PEEEEeeeee YOOOOoooo!!!!

I know the intent of the story was to hurt Mr. Cooper's candidacy, and I think that failed.:clap: But I think the bigger story would be why a county employee recieved discipline for releasing a public record.:idontno: Does this sort of thing happen often?

The intent and timing of the story is overly clear and wreaks with the familiar horrid odor of political favor.

The end result was the loudest backfire in the recent history of Walton County Sheriff politics!
 
you mean like......

..................................................................................
So you see Stripes(less) I have returned the thread to the topic and, at your request provided you with a point of view. Honestly, I would much rather read a pot shot at a candidate that was worthy of mudslinging, something like stealing money, committing murder, SOMETHING that is exciting....[/quote
]
you mean like someone asking a candidate if he would ever hire a person that was maybe arrested for illegal wire tapping and promote them with rank to be in the charge of a division of his department and still not getting an answer?
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top