• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Water Parks

New posts
peapod1980 said:
:idontno:
And:
"Sorry, guys, all the go-carts are out of gas." :idontno:


Thankfully, my boys have not figured out that there ARE such things as go carts yet. Hopefully we've got a couple more years before we have to do that. :D
 
Shipwreak is much larger than Big Kahuna's and has the big trees for shade. Big Kahuna's may have a comprable amount of rides and pools, but it is all crammed together so not as pleasant an experience as Shipwreak.

A locals tip: The waterparks are the least crowded on Saturdays because most rentals are from Saturday to Saturday and therefore Saturday is a travel day for tourists.
 
Camp Creek Kid said:
A locals tip: The waterparks are the least crowded on Saturdays because most rentals are from Saturday to Saturday and therefore Saturday is a travel day for tourists.

Thanks for the tip!
 
I agree with CCK. Our family likes Shipwreck more than Big Kahunas. It's more spread out and the food is a bit better. If you're a parent and sitting and waiting for your kids to exhaust themselves, there are better places for hanging out and reading at Shipwreck. They have a good "family" ride at Shipwreck, where 4-5 people can get in a big round raft type thing and go down a winding slide. That's always a winner for our crew.

CCK is right that Saturdays (and SUndays) are less crowded. Also, if you go to Shipwreck I recommend wearing watershoes or flip flops. Some of the pavement gets very hot and they use a lot of that black plastic non-skid stuff which can get rough on the feet after a while.
 
Sueshore said:
Just curious (as a cat), not judging....but why do people drive to the beach to go to a water park?

For the same reason that many rental homes have pools...many people do not like to go into the Gulf. Despite my best efforts, my son is one of them. He prefers to immerse himself in places that are clear, non-salted, without stinging critters, and with four sides.
 
shipwreck all the way. the wave pool is better than big kahunas. the rapid at shipwreck is the best ride out of both parks. if your lucky you migh get some good old red necks doing triple back flips off the ship swing ;-) trust me i am a waterpark expert. ;-)
 
jessifunn said:
shipwreck all the way. the wave pool is better than big kahunas. the rapid at shipwreck is the best ride out of both parks. if your lucky you migh get some good old red necks doing triple back flips off the ship swing ;-) trust me i am a waterpark expert. ;-)

Do you agree that Saturday is the least crowded day to go? If not is there a particular day of the week to go?
 
kurt said:
Do you agree that Saturday is the least crowded day to go? If not is there a particular day of the week to go?

Hey kurt, that is not my opinion, but what I was told by both water parks. :D I of course had assumed the oppposite since in most non-tourist communities, the weekends would obviously be more crowded than the weekdays.
 
Camp Creek Kid said:
Hey kurt, that is not my opinion, but what I was told by both water parks. :D I of course had assumed the oppposite since in most non-tourist communities, the weekends would obviously be more crowded than the weekdays.


Yeah, you wouldn't go near our waterpark on the weekend. You'd have to be crazy. Monday's are the slowest days.
 
I know every time we have gone by Shipwreck Island the lazy river ride is backed up at a standstill. No tubes are moving. We too are the ones coming in on a Saturday afternoon and leaving early the following Saturday morning so that makes a valid point that would be the least busy that day unless alot of locals hit it, which I doubt. I too prefer a swimming pool over the ocean. The one time I went in this fish kept bumping my arm and my thigh repeatedly and I never saw the fish to see what it was for about 10 minutes. And the one time we tumped over on a waverunner in about 20 feet of water that I couldn't see through I haven't been comfortable on one since. Wouldn't even ride one last year. The water is out for me!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top