• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Western Lake

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garner

Beach Fanatic
Hello folks - Western Lake is flowing rapidly into the Gulf. The lake level has dropped a good foot since last night. I'm curious if it openned naturally or if the Corps of Engineers or a neighbor with a shovel dug it open. Anyone know?
 
The corps won't touch it.

Usually when it gets fat for awhile someone will get it started. But after a big rain and/or high surf nature does it's thing and all the critters are happy about it.
 
I'd heard that because the park is on Septic tanks that when the lake got real high the corps openned it up to keep the septic tanks from flooding out. I've only been a full time resident for 6 months, so am still learning the lay of the land (and water).
 
PREVIOUS POST: "I'd heard that because the park is on Septic tanks that when the lake got real high the corps openned it up to keep the septic tanks from flooding out. "

That has got to an "urban legend". Western Lake has been opening and closing for all of my six decades of life, sometimes with a little help from man and often by Mother Nature. It does look much like the picture attached to one of 'noogas' posts.
 
Oldtimer said:
PREVIOUS POST: "I'd heard that because the park is on Septic tanks that when the lake got real high the corps openned it up to keep the septic tanks from flooding out. "

That has got to an "urban legend". Western Lake has been opening and closing for all of my six decades of life, sometimes with a little help from man and often by Mother Nature. It does look much like the picture attached to one of 'noogas' posts.

That was the best day we ever had at Grayton 8)
 
Oldtimer said:
PREVIOUS POST: "I'd heard that because the park is on Septic tanks that when the lake got real high the corps openned it up to keep the septic tanks from flooding out. "

That has got to an "urban legend". Western Lake has been opening and closing for all of my six decades of life, sometimes with a little help from man and often by Mother Nature. It does look much like the picture attached to one of 'noogas' posts.

Wife logged me out! That was one of the best days ever a Grayton for us here is another

6801P5290062-med.JPG
 
(This huge font is for you peeps with mucked up monitors.) I have the photos, but do not know how to upload them. Give me some direction, folks.
 
Smiling JOe said:
(This huge font is for you peeps with mucked up monitors.) I have the photos, but do not know how to upload them. Give me some direction, folks.

LMAO! Ok, here is how to post a photo. Now I am a computer tard so lets hope I don't make this harder than is really is.

1. Your pics have to be posted / hosted somewhere on the web already. I've heard that Yahoo has a pic hosting section. Have you done this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top