• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What does Palin have to hide?

New posts
Look out- I have a feeling I know how he will be having fun today. I better warn Rapunzel.

I'll call her.

(Ring Ring) "Hello"

(me) "Hey Punz, you might want to monitor your husband's SoWalling today. He is feeling a little frisky."

(Punzy) "Well, he needs something to do since the new neighborhood isn't as good for spying on the neighbors. He can't be Gladys Kravitz here and he is bored you know."

I have my eye on those hippies loitering by Pandoras. They look like trouble makers.
 
Of course it is, but you already know that. I believe this thread concerns wrong doing by Palin, not her former family members. But such a classic move to deflect the attention off Palin.

I suspected it was the trooper who TAZED the 11 year old child. But since I could not get an answer I thought it may have been another trooper, not the one that TAZED the 11 year old child.

So then it is wrong to fire a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child? Glad I do not live in Alaska.

Yes, to me, I am not seeing the issue. I am sure that there are much more substantial things about Palin, McCain, Obama, and Biden that we could be talking about. But these sort of things move voters. Personally, I think the more that is made of her firing a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child, the more voters are going to move toward her. Because right or wrong, the trooper should have been fired. And she is going to become a hero to many for standing up and doing it, especially the many that have 11 year old children in mixed parent marriages where they might feel that there is an abusive step parent. And ex spouses always are looking for the bad in the new step-parent.
 
Robert I agree with the above, she may grab some voters for her stand. And she will definitely lose some for not not allowing her staff or husband to not testify. If she did the right thing, what does she need to hide for? There may be more to this than meets the eye, and as a voter I feel I have the right to know. Her personal life is one thing, this is governmental business.
 
John, you didn't see the new amendments to the amendments to the amendments to the Constitution? Royalty, I mean the Administration, do not have to answer subpoenas. But this all probably has nothing to do with Troopergate. First the whole e-mail debacle and this investigation. Me thinks there is something else no one wants to come out of the closet.

But if there is anything to find, it will have to wait till January, which gives me reason to believe that if McCain's logic is if he were to win this election, he could throw her under the bus later.
 
I suspected it was the trooper who TAZED the 11 year old child. But since I could not get an answer I thought it may have been another trooper, not the one that TAZED the 11 year old child.

So then it is wrong to fire a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child? Glad I do not live in Alaska.

Yes, to me, I am not seeing the issue. I am sure that there are much more substantial things about Palin, McCain, Obama, and Biden that we could be talking about. But these sort of things move voters. Personally, I think the more that is made of her firing a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child, the more voters are going to move toward her. Because right or wrong, the trooper should have been fired. And she is going to become a hero to many for standing up and doing it, especially the many that have 11 year old children in mixed parent marriages where they might feel that there is an abusive step parent. And ex spouses always are looking for the bad in the new step-parent.

Huh? Maybe we need to re-focus on the real issue here.

The campaign has stepped up its attacks on the Legislature's investigation of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's firing in the past week, saying the governor won't cooperate with an inquiry that it says is "tainted" by partisan politics.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/18/palin.investigation/index.html
 
Cauldrons calling kettles black:clap:

TOUCHE'!!! A+ :clap:

Look out- I have a feeling I know how he will be having fun today. I better warn Rapunzel.

I'll call her.

(Ring Ring) "Hello"

(me) "Hey Punz, you might want to monitor your husband's SoWalling today. He is feeling a little frisky."

(Punzy) "Well, he needs something to do since the new neighborhood isn't as good for spying on the neighbors. He can't be Gladys Kravitz here and he is bored you know."

I have my eye on those hippies loitering by Pandoras. They look like trouble makers.

No wonder I heart Skunky...I used to be a Gladys, too. :biggrin:

I suspected it was the trooper who TAZED the 11 year old child. But since I could not get an answer I thought it may have been another trooper, not the one that TAZED the 11 year old child.

So then it is wrong to fire a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child? Glad I do not live in Alaska.

Yes, to me, I am not seeing the issue. I am sure that there are much more substantial things about Palin, McCain, Obama, and Biden that we could be talking about. But these sort of things move voters. Personally, I think the more that is made of her firing a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child, the more voters are going to move toward her. Because right or wrong, the trooper should have been fired. And she is going to become a hero to many for standing up and doing it, especially the many that have 11 year old children in mixed parent marriages where they might feel that there is an abusive step parent. And ex spouses always are looking for the bad in the new step-parent.

wrobert...I think the point being made here is there is a bigger story than just the tasing. I agree that tasing a child is wrong, but the issue is bigger than that. Someone is trying to get to the bottom of how the firing was handled. Palin has become fair game in the game of politics.
 
We need a picture of some major big girl panties.

This do?

B0006GKGUM.01-A1WQRNT5P5WWSJ._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg




Why wait so long, until it became a personal issue, to fire him? If the tasering was really the issue, he would have been fired immediately. Please.
 
Last edited:
Well I don't see what the big problem is. I mean, aren't powerful women (in particular certain first ladies) supposed to be able to terminate civil servants on a whim? :idontno:

Even though I detect some sarcasm, this is the best argument for Palin ... that public safety commissioner Walt Monegan served at the pleasure of the governor, and thus she had the right to fire him. Actually, she fired him and then offered him another job. The ethics investigation came about because of concerns (thanks to some tape recordings) that she fired Monegan because he did not ensure the firing of her former brother-in-law.

I suspected it was the trooper who TAZED the 11 year old child. But since I could not get an answer I thought it may have been another trooper, not the one that TAZED the 11 year old child.

So then it is wrong to fire a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child? Glad I do not live in Alaska.

Yes, to me, I am not seeing the issue. I am sure that there are much more substantial things about Palin, McCain, Obama, and Biden that we could be talking about. But these sort of things move voters. Personally, I think the more that is made of her firing a trooper for TAZING an 11 year old child, the more voters are going to move toward her. Because right or wrong, the trooper should have been fired. And she is going to become a hero to many for standing up and doing it, especially the many that have 11 year old children in mixed parent marriages where they might feel that there is an abusive step parent. And ex spouses always are looking for the bad in the new step-parent.

I didn't say tazing him wasn't wrong, I was just trying to "flesh out":eek: the incident a bit.

You also seem to have the facts mixed up a bit. The trooper was not fired. Palin did not fire him and does not have the power to do so. Her office -- and there are recordings of this -- was putting pressure on public safety commissioner Walt Monegan to fire the trooper. When the trooper (who had already been investigated and disciplined) was not fired, Palin fired Monegan. The ethics investigation was launched because of suspicions that Palin fired him because he did not fire the trooper, her ex brother-in-law.

Palin promised to cooperate fully, and said she had done nothing wrong. Alaskans seemed to accept what she said for the most part.

I was kind of meh on the whole Troopergate thing, until the McCain campaign took it over, and started messing with the process. They don't want the results to come out right before the election, period, because the results may look bad. So the McCain camp has parachuted into town and are, among other things, smearing Monegan and French, who are LOVED and respected up there.

Here's an editorial from the Anchorage paper that has some more information:

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/529587.html
 
Even though I detect some sarcasm, this is the best argument for Palin ... that Monegan served at the pleasure of the governor, and thus she had the right to fire him. Actually, she fired him and then offered him another job. The ethics investigation came about because of concerns (thanks to some tape recordings) that she fired public safety commissioner Walt Monegan because he did not ensure the firing of her former brother-in-law.



I didn't say tazing him wasn't wrong, I was just trying to "flesh out":eek: the incident a bit.

You also seem to have the facts mixed up a bit. The trooper was not fired. Palin did not fire him and does not have the power to do so. Her office -- and there are recordings of this -- was putting pressure on public safety commissioner Walt Monegan to fire the trooper. When the trooper (who had already been investigated and disciplined) was not fired, Palin fired Monegan. The ethics investigation was launched because of suspicions that Palin fired him because he did not fire the trooper, her ex brother-in-law.

Palin promised to cooperate fully, and said she had done nothing wrong. Alaskans seemed to accept what she said for the most part.

I was kind of meh on the whole Troopergate thing, until the McCain campaign took it over, and started messing with the process. They don't want the results to come out right before the election, period, because the results may look bad. So the McCain camp has parachuted into town and are, among other things, smearing Monegan and French, who are LOVED and respected up there.

Here's an editorial from the Anchorage paper that has some more information:

http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/529587.html


Then she should have first given herself the power to fire him, and then fired him.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top