• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

What does Palin have to hide?

New posts

John R

needs to get out more
Help me understand, why have her husband and employees refuse to testify? doesn't this throw unwanted negative light in her direction? can't people be arrested if they fail to show for a subpoena?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/18/palin.investigation/index.html

It seems like she's trying to sweep things she doesn't want floating around under the carpet. A lot like george; if he doesn't like the topic he just moves on and hopes we forget. amazing.
 
Last edited:
John, you know better

John,
I happen to know that you are a very smart guy. If you had been accused during the Salem Witch Hunt, would you be happy to have your day in court?

The head of the legislative committee handling this has tainted the process. Hollis French is running around doing media interviews that the Repuplicans were going to have an "October Surprise", but he is being objective I guess.

Plus, there are State Personnel Boards that normally handle these types of issues, unless you are staging a politicized witch hunt.
 
John,
I happen to know that you are a very smart guy. If you had been accused during the Salem Witch Hunt, would you be happy to have your day in court?

The head of the legislative committee handling this has tainted the process. Hollis French is running around doing media interviews that the Repuplicans were going to have an "October Surprise", but he is being objective I guess.

Plus, there are State Personnel Boards that normally handle these types of issues, unless you are staging a politicized witch hunt.

What gave you the idea this was a politicized witch hunt? Republican talking points?

I have been following this case closely from the Alaskan point of view, and let me tell you -- this was a nonpartisan investigation headed by 8 repubs and 4 democrats. Hollis French is universally respected up there. Everything was going fine until the McCain campaign took over. Many, many Alaskans from both parties are LIVID at the way this has been handled recently. They don't like Washington folks who don't know any of the players involved coming in and telling them what to do, and worse - publicly smearing respected people for no reason. And they're disappointed (and angry) that their governor, who promised transparency before becoming the VP candidate, is suddenly refusing to cooperate.

I'll come back in awhile and post some more on this ... I've been meaning to, because I've found the whole scenario very interesting.
 
What gave you the idea this was a politicized witch hunt? Republican talking points?

I have been following this case closely from the Alaskan point of view, and let me tell you -- this was a nonpartisan investigation headed by 8 repubs and 4 democrats. Hollis French is universally respected up there. Everything was going fine until the McCain campaign took over. Many, many Alaskans from both parties are LIVID at the way this has been handled recently. They don't like Washington folks who don't know any of the players involved coming in and telling them what to do, and worse - publicly smearing respected people for no reason. And they're disappointed (and angry) that their governor, who promised transparency before becoming the VP candidate, is suddenly refusing to cooperate.

I'll come back in awhile and post some more on this ... I've been meaning to, because I've found the whole scenario very interesting.

Is this the trooper that TAZED his step child?
 
Is this the trooper that TAZED his step child?

As with the hacking/use of personal email for state business thing ... the trooper's behavior and Palin's firing of Monegan are separate issues in the eyes of the state of Alaska. :wave:
 
As with the hacking/use of personal email for state business thing ... the trooper's behavior and Palin's firing of Monegan are separate issues in the eyes of the state of Alaska. :wave:

Wow...there are actual trees in that forest! ;-) :wave:
 
As with the hacking/use of personal email for state business thing ... the trooper's behavior and Palin's firing of Monegan are separate issues in the eyes of the state of Alaska. :wave:


I could not agree more. I am just trying to keep up with who is who.


Is this the trooper that TAZED his step-child? Inquiring minds want to know.
 
I could not agree more. I am just trying to keep up with who is who.


Is this the trooper that TAZED his step-child? Inquiring minds want to know.

Of course it is, but you already know that. I believe this thread concerns wrong doing by Palin, not her former family members. But such a classic move to deflect the attention off Palin.
 
What gave you the idea this was a politicized witch hunt? Republican talking points?

I have been following this case closely from the Alaskan point of view, and let me tell you -- this was a nonpartisan investigation headed by 8 repubs and 4 democrats. Hollis French is universally respected up there. Everything was going fine until the McCain campaign took over. Many, many Alaskans from both parties are LIVID at the way this has been handled recently. They don't like Washington folks who don't know any of the players involved coming in and telling them what to do, and worse - publicly smearing respected people for no reason. And they're disappointed (and angry) that their governor, who promised transparency before becoming the VP candidate, is suddenly refusing to cooperate.

I'll come back in awhile and post some more on this ... I've been meaning to, because I've found the whole scenario very interesting.

When I think of Governors running for high office tip-toeing around past shenanigans involving State Troopers, I think the Democrats actually set the precedent.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top