I don't agree with Obama or McCain 100% on issues, not even 75%. After taking that mini-quiz Bobby posted, it was even more evident to me. But I don't think Palin is as reprehensible as she is being made out to be and I am a woman! I tend to agree with Skunkape about the election - it seemed to be slam dunk with either Obama or Hillary but with the Palin pick, it became a horse race. I think it is very telling how America is being so disrespectful of the VP candidate. That we could be a nation who tear apart those that are our potential leaders is very sad. It also drives me crazy the way Bush is being talked about too. Eight years have not been all miserable. I think many of the people on this board enjoyed their life in 2002, 2003, 2004 here in Walton County especially. Do I agree with him and what has happened the last 4 years? No, but he is our President, so I will respect him accordingly.
Maybe that's politics as usual but I will not be party to slinging mud. If Obama/Biden win then that is great - if McCain/Palin win, that is great too. I will not be crying either way. Nor will I be slamming the other candidates.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the badmouthing is getting very tiresome and I don't get the point.[/quote]
Iraq alone is worth badmouthing Bush, and any candidate whose policies remotely resembles his. I spent many years in blissfully ignoring politics- and now I feel almost guilty for doing so.
And that is my opinion.