• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What does Palin have to hide?

New posts
No, that is not officials are elected to do! Officials are elected to lead; to make solid judgments based, not only on communication with their constituents, but also on knowledge, leadership skills, vision, integrity, and principled thinking. :bang:

To further clerify what grants are used for here are just a few things.
Sea Oats to restore the beach, beach parking, Wee Care Park in DeFuniak, improvements to many of our community centers, upgrades to roads in impovershed areas.


Originally Posted by goodwitch58
Sorry, no offense personally, but that sounds like Pandering 101. We should be expecting more from our elected officials in communication with those elected officials in Washington and Tally. My nephew would love to have candy for lunch daily, but assuming he could, the budget allows for those yucky candy corns daily. But if he bides his time, a grant may become available for lunch and a Snickers Bar 3X a week. Much more nutritional.

I am not really up to date, but will be glad to find out more of them. If you would equate these things to a Snickers bar for lunch 3X a week that's your judgement.
 
To further clerify what grants are used for here are just a few things.
Sea Oats to restore the beach, beach parking, Wee Care Park in DeFuniak, improvements to many of our community centers, upgrades to roads in impovershed areas.




I am not really up to date, but will be glad to find out more of them. If you would equate these things to a Snickers bar for lunch 3X a week that's your judgement.

The Quote thingamagig is acting up again. Kurt, fix it please. Whomever Mossyhead is quoting (in post #101 above, the second one) is not me. I agree with it; but I did not say it. :biggrin:
 
Last edited:
Sometimes the voting public is uninformed and grants usually have to be matched to an extent, which costs money. Some grants are pure pork. And who says the grant money is going to get spent somewhere? Give the money back from where it came from and instead use what we have wisely and pay down our debt.
 
The Quote thingamagig is acting up again. Kurt, fix it please. Whomever Mossyhead is quoting (in the second one) is not me. I agree with it; but I did not say it. :biggrin:

hey gw, I think the quotes get out of whack when someone accidently writes their post wtihin a quote - then it quotes incorrectly. not a biggie though. if you have to be linked with an incorrect quote, then mangy's will do just fine.
 
...and once again, Mossyhead, I was not speaking of the issues...I was speaking of the principles of the elected officials.

Principles should not depend on situations--one should govern from a point of principled integrity, regardless of the issues. If one believes that the use of grant money is a misuse of the taxpayers money, then it should not matter what one buys with the money!
 
Sometimes the voting public is uninformed and grants usually have to be matched to an extent, which costs money. Some grants are pure pork. And who says the grant money is going to get spent somewhere? Give the money back from where it came from and instead use what we have wisely and pay down our debt.

There are many grants & earmarks that are beneficial. But the system is out of control & needs to be corrected. I think most of us can agree on that. And it must start on the national & state level as they are the ones that control the purse strings. Until those changes are made, I see no problem if there is a need & on a local level it is something we can do that we make use of what is available to help us. The principled thing would be not to misuse them.
 
Instead of us all posting and sending around emails about how horrible she is, let's all make a donation to Planned Parenthood. In Sarah Palin's name. And here's the good part: when you make a donation to PP in her name, they'll send her a card telling her that the donation has been made in her honor.You'll need to fill in the address to let PP know where to send the "in Sarah Palin's Honor" card. I suggest you use the address for the McCain campaign headquarters, which is:

McCain for President
1235 S. Clark Street
1st Floor
Arlington , VA 22202

PS make sure you choose the pulldown of
Donate--Honorary or Memorial Donations, not the regular "Donate Online"
 
I don't get email's about how bad Sarah Palin is, but I sure do get them from all over the country about the incompetence & questionable background of Barack Obama. In fact I get a lot of emails about how well qualified she is even from my friends & relatives in the great state of Alaska.

Probably due to our difference in political views John R.
 
Instead of us all posting and sending around emails about how horrible she is, let's all make a donation to Planned Parenthood. In Sarah Palin's name. And here's the good part: when you make a donation to PP in her name, they'll send her a card telling her that the donation has been made in her honor.You'll need to fill in the address to let PP know where to send the "in Sarah Palin's Honor" card. I suggest you use the address for the McCain campaign headquarters, which is:

McCain for President
1235 S. Clark Street
1st Floor
Arlington , VA 22202

PS make sure you choose the pulldown of
Donate--Honorary or Memorial Donations, not the regular "Donate Online"

This is really pitiful, John.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top