• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What I'd do for a good watermelon...

New posts
Our "seedless" watermelon from Wal~Mart yesterday had more seeds in it than I believe I have ever seen in a single melon...
 
I'm thinking that they ought to rename "seedless" to "tasteless"!

With 9 whole watermelons pitched in the woods around my house, I'll be surprised if I don't have my own "seedless/tasteless" patch at some point!

Happy 4th to wrobert, and all!!
 
Go up 331 to DeFuniak. Turn right on 90 then left at the next light, Hwy 83. About 2-3 miles on the left is his bait shop, down the hill from the Tom Thumb. I think he starts about 6AM. He has stacks of them and many, many more, coming out of Holmes County I believe. Hard to beat the price at 3.50 for a melon that size. Glad you enjoyed, mine is cooling for later today.


Good lord. Fuzz probably drove by there about twelve times in the last two days. I will ask him to stop. He made fun of the one I came home with last night. :blush:
 
The best watermelon is the one you steal, put in a cool creek or river, bust open and enjoy.
 
1440e379-1.jpg



FROM OUR PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly, the best melon I've ever had!

Gidget
​
 
I think it is still a bit early to get good, fully-ripe watermelon.

TRUE - that pic I posted was LAST year's. We are eating cantaloupe, but the watermelons are not ready. LOL they will probably be ALMOST ready when we leave. Bummer!!

G
 
Smiling Joe... what do I have to do to get you to come try one of our sugar babies? We guarantee you will like it, or your money back, in fact for you mr. smile I will give you a bite of mine if you come see us. :D

mmm. Lunch! I need to get out of the office one day, and come get me a bite. I do like a good watermelon.:wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top