• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

What to do at the beach

New posts
I like to do anything that involves touching the sand and/or water. It's not a
perfect day at the beach unless 5 pounds of sand falls out of my bathing suit at the end of the day. (don't be scared homeowners- I like outdoor showers too, so the 5 pounds of sand won't be inside your house!:biggrin: )

Cruising around Grayton on the bike. Walking around at night with our kids, finding critters. Going for a morning walk with Bdarg (which will hopefully happen more this year!). And getting such a good night's sleep every night from all the outside activity!
 
Sueshore said:
I find a dance partner where ever I am!!!! You'll be next!

Mermaid has let the kat out of the bag!!! April has been mythical! Here is a list of sowallers I have met in person...since last October!

gttbm Smiling JOe
gttbd aka futurebeachbum scrltbegonya
Mermaid M/M T-bone
Merman Bettis
jfunn M/M seagrover aka sparklegrover
steeleing1 Catfish and Bubba
grayton kid Borago steeleing (#?)
M/M olive Gypsea
M/M chickpea Cap'n Crazy...and yes he is that crazy!!!!
JohnR whiteyfunn

And of course my Texgent....destindreamin, mr.dd, CastlesofSand and family, Rita and DTinTexas (both here and in Dallas!!!)

The power of SoWal.com is evident....look at all my new friends!!!

Wow, I am so impressed Miss Kitty, you have been a busy little kitty. I do not see M/M Kurt on this list!!! What is up with that?

To answer Smokin' Joes question. I enjoy every single minute of just being at the beach. We have a big group, and we all just like to hang together. We like our morning coffee, afternoon beer, and evening "Happy Hours". Cooking good food, and sitting outside at night telling stories and reminiscing. We all went to high school together and we like to talk about the good old days. We are all fortysomethings now, so it is funn to see who can remember what. I am looking forward this year to meeting some local or visiting SoWallers. I can't wait!!!!!
 
Beachlover2 said:
What - Am I the only one having a beer or Foo Foo drink? :confused:

No, beachlover2, check my post my dear !!!!
 
Our favorite thing is the beach (Grayton, especially) first thing in the morning and at sunset (especially in October). We also like avoiding the 30A traffic by taking the bike path to neighboring beach communities. We love browsing at Sun Dog Books, lunching on the deck at D&K Cafe, picnics at Eden State Gardens grounds, and having a massage on the top deck of Conch Out with the warm sun on our backs and with the sight and sound of the crashing waves and the laughter of those who love it as music. We love dinners with a big group of family and friends in the wine cellar room at A Fish Out of Water.

We also like our little daytrips: a visit to the fishing fleet in Panama City paired with dinner at the incomparable Captain Anderson's Restaurant...an icy martini the the dim, cold bar when it is 95 degrees outside. We like a trip into DeFuniak Springs to walk around the lake, visit The Busy Bee Cafe for the best fried green tomatoes and panko-crusted grouper sandwiches, and a visit to the DeFuniak Springs Library (the oldest continuously operating library in the State) to view the artifacts.

Truth is, we like it all! :rofl:
 
I'd like to add massages and spa-type things to my list of things to do since this is a time to break-away from normal work/family routines I have at home.
 
Smiling JOe said:
Other than going to the beach, shopping and eating, what are things you like, or want, to do when you go to the beach?


We love it all! Going to the beach early in the morning with the doggies, sitting under the umbrella and reading for a few hours at the beach each day, then taking a shower and hitting the fun little shops in Grayton, Seaside, Rosemary, everywhere.

Something we really enjoy is buying an adult beverage at the Modica Market and sitting outside at one of their tables and people watching in the afternoons. We watch so many people come and go; it's a lot of fun.

After our afternoon excursions, we either head back to start our grilling for the evening and a few cocktails, or we change out of our swimsuits for the first time all day and actually put on clothes to go out to eat. Cafe 30-A, Fish out of Water, Village Market, we love 'em all.

Last year we explored WaterSound, the new development just west of us. It looked like the condos were done and the houses were just getting started. Any update on what that development is like now?
 
Sueshore said:
April has been mythical! Here is a list of sowallers I have met in person...since last October!
What am I? Chopped liver? :biggrin: Just kidding.

To answer SJ's question, besides being with my new beach friends (neighbors and SoWalers), I like catching up on DVDs while looking at the Gulf view. That's especially true when my daughter is with me because she is so much fun to watch movies with, and she has (believe it or not) about 600 DVDs. She buys about one a week (that's what she chooses to go with her allowance), and then she always asks for DVDs for Christmas and birthday gifts. She's like having an in-house video rental store!

We also like watching college football and basketball at bars at the beach - there are always Gator fans around to cheer along with. We can't do that at our GA home because (a) it wouldn't be appropriate for a college department chair and church musician to be hanging out at a bar (people are very conservative in this town), and (b) you can count on one hand how many Gator fans are in my town.
 
I like to sit on my deck at night and listen to the tree frogs, star gaze, and just enjoy the peacefulness of it all. :wub:
 
BR...you did make my list....but that list got all messed up from how I typed it and it left you off! I had two nice columns and it didn't come out that way! That's what I get from trying to be creative! :bang:

I love hearing what y'all do at the beach. I am going down in a bit and will send beach vibes to everyone! This place is magic!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top