• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

when does school start back?

New posts
Aug. 3 here in Hillsborough County. In Florida, it's all about getting ready for the FCAT (standardized test). That's why they start so early. Plus it's not like any locals are enjoying the beach.
 
Kids in New York usually start right after Labor Day, but they end much later than the Southern chillies. Hope they have good A/C systems in the Southern schools.
 
Sueshore said:
MS goes back to Mizzou on Friday, August 18. School starts on the 22nd.

sarafunn MOVES to Austin for grad school on Sunday, August 20. Her orientation starts the 22nd.

Miss Kitty's Skool of Etiquette starts October 1st in SoWal.

I willl have no chillren in Dallas for the first time in 24 years.

:rolling: Sign me up! I loved my "orientation" back on July 7!!
 
InletBchDweller said:
Little IBD goes to St. Bernadette on PCB, she starts this WED!!!!:eek: August 2

Yep, think all BayCo schools start back this Wed. the 2nd, so I hear
 
Johnrudy said:
It's unbelievable that some of these Sowaller's schools start back so soon!! Like in a day or 2!!!! At least our kids have another couple weeks of summer! :D

All the better to score a deal on a place in Sowal in August before our kids go back to school (in our dreams, huh? Up for a road trip? )
 
Some of the schools in my area started back July 27th! Thank goodness I homeschool my kids. Otherwise they wouldn't have a summer. That is just WAAAAY to soon to go back. What kind of summer break is that?

Stormie
 
:welcome: :welcome: DreamofFl. I saw your first post yesterday. Glad you came out of Lurkdom...;-)
DreamnOfFL said:
Some of the schools in my area started back July 27th! Thank goodness I homeschool my kids. Otherwise they wouldn't have a summer. That is just WAAAAY to soon to go back. What kind of summer break is that?

Stormie
 
Sueshore said:
MS goes back to Mizzou on Friday, August 18. School starts on the 22nd.

sarafunn MOVES to Austin for grad school on Sunday, August 20. Her orientation starts the 22nd.

Miss Kitty's Skool of Etiquette starts October 1st in SoWal.

I willl have no chillren in Dallas for the first time in 24 years.



I have empty nest too. I am going to start volunter work again. Wish I could attendd Ms Kitty's School in Sowal. Bet it's FUNN!
 
DreamnOfFL said:
Some of the schools in my area started back July 27th! Thank goodness I homeschool my kids. Otherwise they wouldn't have a summer. That is just WAAAAY to soon to go back. What kind of summer break is that?

Stormie

That's horrible. I used to love summer vacations when I was a kid. It just keep getting shorter. My niece homeschools her kids as well, lots of work.

...and :welcome:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top