• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

when does school start back?

New posts
lindabobhat said:
All the better to score a deal on a place in Sowal in August before our kids go back to school (in our dreams, huh? Up for a road trip? )
It's a nice thought but I'm getting busier and busier in my "part-time" job. What a joke that is. Anyway, don't see any available time 'til after X-mas! You should go tho, and take the kids for 3 or 4 days. Mermaid and her family run down for quick trips a lot!
 
Sueshore said:
MS goes back to Mizzou on Friday, August 18. School starts on the 22nd.

sarafunn MOVES to Austin for grad school on Sunday, August 20. Her orientation starts the 22nd.

Miss Kitty's Skool of Etiquette starts October 1st in SoWal.

I willl have no chillren in Dallas for the first time in 24 years.

I hope you have recieved my tution check and enrollment forms. I will be so disappointed if I do not get into your "Riding your Bike with Panties on the Handlebars, while balancing your Lawn Chair on Your Head" 101 class. :biggrin:
 
gotothebeachmom said:
I hope you have recieved my tution check and enrollment forms. I will be so disappointed if I do not get into your "Riding your Bike with Panties on the Handlebars, while balancing your Lawn Chair on Your Head" 101 class. :biggrin:

GTTBM, I think the enrollment fee for that particular class is one shot of Colorado Bulldog. :bow:
 
When we lived in upstate NY, our K-12 district began the day after Labor Day, but my daughter's hs graduation this year was June 23rd!!!

I know the Memphis schools here begin early--but so does my own college. (New faculty orientation is August 15th, and after that, there is all kinds of orientation I must preside over.) We bring daughter to college in NY (Geneva, NY) on August 19th--her field hockey tryouts are the week prior to new student orientation. Son begins college in Boston about the same time.

Given the late NY dates and the early ones here, we've had no summer vacation--and won't go to Sowal at all this summer (big UGH!!) My intention,tho, is to drive south at March break (but I know all of you would caution us re March break???
 
newyorker said:
When we lived in upstate NY, our K-12 district began the day after Labor Day, but my daughter's hs graduation this year was June 23rd!!!

I know the Memphis schools here begin early--but so does my own college. (New faculty orientation is August 15th, and after that, there is all kinds of orientation I must preside over.) We bring daughter to college in NY (Geneva, NY) on August 19th--her field hockey tryouts are the week prior to new student orientation. Son begins college in Boston about the same time.

Given the late NY dates and the early ones here, we've had no summer vacation--and won't go to Sowal at all this summer (big UGH!!) My intention,tho, is to drive south at March break (but I know all of you would caution us re March break???

Yeah, the schools are starting early here. We wouldn't come during spring break. 4th of July week that year was packed enough with college kids. But does the Sowal area really get alot of spring breakers compared to places like Panama City Beach??? Well, if it is any consolation we are not going to get to come this year either. No beach, makes me very sad! We have opted for a 3 night stay at a nearby state park in a cabin at the end of September. I hope it is cool there as I love cool nights. Won't be as nice as the beach, but will be nice!
 
Mermaid said:
GTTBM, I think the enrollment fee for that particular class is one shot of Colorado Bulldog. :bow:

Whew! Then I'm in! Me, you, Miss Kitty and whoever we can con into it! October! I was afraid I wouldn't make the cut. ;-)
 
gotothebeachmom said:
I hope you have recieved my tution check and enrollment forms. I will be so disappointed if I do not get into your "Riding your Bike with Panties on the Handlebars, while balancing your Lawn Chair on Your Head" 101 class. :biggrin:

Sign me up too! I love continuing education classes.
 
jdarg said:
Sign me up too! I love continuing education classes.

I took the liberty of signing you up. I am awaiting confirmation. ;-)
 
gotothebeachmom said:
I took the liberty of signing you up. I am awaiting confirmation. ;-)

Are merit scholarships available??:idontno: I have an undergrad degree in lawn furniture tricks. :blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top