• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Where's everybody from?

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smiling JOe said:
I'm from many places, making my home in every state from Florida to Maine. Currently, I am enjoying life in South Walton, although I am thinking about selling out and moving to Freeport.

There you are. 8)

Hold out as long as you can. Although Freeport prices are rising fast.
 
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 47 weeks a year. Blue Mountain Beach, Florida for the other five. Hoping to increase that total each year until the numbers are reversed :wink:
 
RiverOtter said:
Smiling JOe said:
I'm from many places, making my home in every state from Florida to Maine. Currently, I am enjoying life in South Walton, although I am thinking about selling out and moving to Freeport.

What do you like about Freeport? :?:


I like the idea of designing and building my own house, having it paid off, keeping cash in the bank, sense of community, being close to the Bay and the Beach. Freeport has much growing to do in order to develop a sense of community, but it will be there. I feel only hints of community in South Walton. The beach communities are too scattered, and there is no central place. I also am growing tired of the seeing the same people with different faces. SoWal is becoming a place where I see no diversity. I want and need some "real" people who are year-rounders. This message board is about as real as people get around here sometimes.
 
:roll: I am from Tallahassee but I grew up in Grayton Beach. My family has been going there for more than 60 years. I have a house in old Grayton now that I rent and use when it isn't rented. I would love to live there full time...but I'll have to wait for retirement.
 
I am from Gadsden, AL. I grew up traveling to Grayton several months a year. My dad built a house on Garfield for a friend of his, so we still get to enjoy it, but not often enough. I live for the day that I can be there year round.
 
Mermaid said:
This is too good a post to let sink! Any new takers?


I missed this on the first go-around!

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri, with one foot in Seagrove sand. Hope to eventually jump in with both feet permanently! Don't get to come down as often as I like..unfortunately work gets in the way most of the time...but I do try to make it down at least once every season. :wub:

My favorite time of the year is October, even though I've heard it said that's the worst possible time of the year to be in SoWal :laughing1
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top