• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Wind Insurance

New posts
Mine went up!!! I'm calling tomorrow. I am with citizens. Mine is $3088 this year and I have a 108 year old 2 bedroom, 1 bath house! I'm gettin' robbed!

You might be getting hit harder due to the home being so old. I assume it isn't built with hurricane resistant windows/doors, rebar in the walls tying the roof to the concrete in the ground, etc. The discounts are fairly high for homes built to code over the last 5 years or so.
 
Please remind someone to provide Wind Insurance..Mine went up $1000 for owner occupied single family in Seagrove..Through Universal and Ryland Agency..Home built in 1999
 
Kathy at the Lighthouse Agency in Niceville helped us - give her a call.
 
You might be getting hit harder due to the home being so old. I assume it isn't built with hurricane resistant windows/doors, rebar in the walls tying the roof to the concrete in the ground, etc. The discounts are fairly high for homes built to code over the last 5 years or so.

The "logic" here cracks me up. Her house has survived 108 years of hurricanes! :funn:

But you are correct, age is a factor. I got dumped by my company which left the state, and the only one that would insure me is Citizens, because my house is old too. Never mind that it survived Eloise, Opal, Ivan, etc. :roll:
 
Mine went up!!! I'm calling tomorrow. I am with citizens. Mine is $3088 this year and I have a 108 year old 2 bedroom, 1 bath house! I'm gettin' robbed!

I called my insurance agent....my house has survived 108 years of hurricanes and my rates are outrageous. He says..." No hurricane clips"....go figure.:bang:
 
I think we're having a hurricane in NE Georgia today...and we're expecting 40 mph gusts tomorrow...:blink:
 
All you guys are so lucky! I can't get ANY insurance on my home. Even Citizens... well, let me clarify that last Citizens remark.

Citizens will insure the "property", however their exclusion paragraph is quite specific. The exclude any structure or object which is currently damaged unless you can produce paperwork guaranteeing the property will be repaired in 90 days.

Well, let's see, that excludes my house and all my interior belongings...... BUT they will take my money!:bang:

You all know the situation with my mold infested house and still no resolution in site. Insurance companies wanting to see how broke they can make you before you except pennies on the dollar.

Jerks! And the insured are jerks as well.
 
All you guys are so lucky! I can't get ANY insurance on my home. Even Citizens... well, let me clarify that last Citizens remark.

Citizens will insure the "property", however their exclusion paragraph is quite specific. The exclude any structure or object which is currently damaged unless you can produce paperwork guaranteeing the property will be repaired in 90 days.

Well, let's see, that excludes my house and all my interior belongings...... BUT they will take my money!:bang:

You all know the situation with my mold infested house and still no resolution in site. Insurance companies wanting to see how broke they can make you before you except pennies on the dollar.

Jerks! And the insured are jerks as well.

We are insured by Citizens. Why are we jerks?
 
We are insured by Citizens. Why are we jerks?

Didn't mean that at all. Let me reword what I mean.

Jerks! (meaning the insurance companies who continue to keep me tied up on court over my house) And the insured are jerks as well. (The builders of my house who left off moisture barrier in many places which allowed the water intrusion and ultimate mold problem).

Sorry if I offended you, but I did not mean you. I hope the above statement clears that up.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top