• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Worst Florida Banks

New posts
hey, i'm just copying and pasting. below-well-capitalized? that would be me!

I like you. What could be better than an instant, "hey, i'm just copying and pasting"?

It would sure be great if everyone was quick and candid. Good Thread anyway. :wave:
 
Banks are hurting. Bank of Bonifay has already been bought out, courtesy of you guys and the Tarp funds. I think Protective Life is buying them and it closes this month. Vision Bank actually has a pretty strong parent company in Ohio, I think, and is probably in better shape than the chart would suggest.
 
Banks are hurting. Bank of Bonifay has already been bought out, courtesy of you guys and the Tarp funds. I think Protective Life is buying them and it closes this month. Vision Bank actually has a pretty strong parent company in Ohio, I think, and is probably in better shape than the chart would suggest.

You know alot about banking and/or loans. Can you help me with what the chart means by below-well-capitalized? It sounds like it means kinda limbotic.
 
I love that one of the banks is called Integrity. :funn:

Santiago, my understand was that Vision bank was propped up with condo mortgages and was a "developers" bank. Seems a lot of banks appeared on the scene during the boom. If those boom mortgages go bust won't the banks that seem to be there solely to store them?
 
I love that one of the banks is called Integrity. :funn:

Santiago, my understand was that Vision bank was propped up with condo mortgages and was a "developers" bank. Seems a lot of banks appeared on the scene during the boom. If those boom mortgages go bust won't the banks that seem to be there solely to store them?

I think that Vision would already be bust had it not been bought out. My knowledge of their company actually came from a competitor of Vision who said that their parent bank, Park out of Ohio is well capitalized and strong. I think moreso than condo mortgages they were heavy into lots, construction and development.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top