• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Yellow Fly Bite Remedies?

New posts
image.jpg
 
I find that if you simply do not scratch the bite area. Show restraint. It will go away in about a minute. Scratching makes it worse. Honest. Or, at least, it works for me.
haha - this works for you and me cause we are lucky that yellow fly bites are like a mosquito bite to us. But lots of people swell up like crazy and experience a lot of pain in addition to itching. The swelling and pain can last for days also.
 
For The Health Of It in Blue Mountain Beach has natural bug repellents like Bug Off and Cactus Juice brand.

Twin Oaks Farm Stand in Grayton Beach also has Bug Off.

2016-07-01-09.10.59.jpg
 
Yes, I know big strong outdoorsmen who swell up bad from the yellowfly bite. Even high levels of Jack in your blood doesn't help (sometimes).
 
I'm one of those peeps who swell up for days and itch like crazy! Not scratching is not an option. I literally have scars from those bastids.
 
I spend a lot of time in the woods hunting, walking, and running the dogs. And up at the farm in Ponce de Leon.
I have several bug bites on me year 'round. I'm used to it. Although I'm always scratching and picking. My wife says if she wanted to marry a 175 lb dog...she may have chose a Great Dane instead of this freckle covered Irishman. LoL.
 
I was going to try Poppa's cure, posted earlier, but it reminded me too much of U of F dating rituals.
 
I got bit bad this last 2 week stay by yellow flies! I did some reading and they said it's worse in May/June.

Also read Listerine to help with itching, worked like a charm!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top