• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Ziploc Omelets

New posts

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
This was sent to me by a friend this morning. I thought I would share with you guys. It looks good, and easy, a plus for me.

ZIPLOC OMELET

The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!!)

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.

Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and a great conversation piece.


Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you got a nice omlette for a quick breakfast!!! I think my kids are going to like this!

I used tomatoes, ham, green onions, cheddar cheese and mushrooms in this one!


​
 
How eggciting!!!!
 
skippertoo said:
COOL ! I am going to try this.

Let me know how it works out. I am going to try it this weekend!!!
 
30A Skunkape said:
Just add coffee or a bloody mary :rolling:

Or both in my case!!!! :lol:
 
I have a sEGGestion:

After the omelet firms up, throw the omelet (without the baggie, of course) into a skillet with olive oil for a few secs to brown it off and get that crunchy (as opposed to wet) taste that great omelets have.

Great recipe. I'm trying it!
 
Is there an advantage, health wise, for cooking like this instead of using the traditional method for whipping up an omelet? Also, what about the disadvantages of toxins released from heated plastics?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top