• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

beach vehicle pass

New posts

cassie

Beach Lover
Ok, sorry ... One more time, can I have the link for the Beach Pass info. I've held out long enough, it's time to buck up.

Any pointers on how NOT to get stuck? Or how to get unstuck if I do ; )
 
cassie said:
Ok, sorry ... One more time, can I have the link for the Beach Pass info. I've held out long enough, it's time to buck up.

Any pointers on how NOT to get stuck? Or how to get unstuck if I do ; )

Assuming you have a 4X4.... Put it in 4WD .... aim .... floor it! :biggrin:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
J/K:biggrin:

Put the truck in 4WD. If the sand is real soft and it hasn't rained in a while you really need to stay on the gas. (if you are a local lower the tire pressure to 25 or 30lbs) Even the Sherrif told me that when the sand is soft and dry 5 mph is impossible. Just keep the truck in a low gear and keep on the gas through the soft stuff. You'll be fine. If you get stuck... Just look real pitiful:( . Someone will help :biggrin: .



.
.
 
Ha! No problem ; )

I've heard of lowering the air pressure in your tires ... we'll save that for an emergency!
 
cassie said:
Ok, sorry ... One more time, can I have the link for the Beach Pass info. I've held out long enough, it's time to buck up.

Any pointers on how NOT to get stuck? Or how to get unstuck if I do ; )

Just take it very easy.
 
.....and don't try any 3 point turns. If you get stuck, just hop out, put down your towel and cooler and act like that's where you wanted to stop. That's what I'd do.
 
cassie said:
Ok, sorry ... One more time, can I have the link for the Beach Pass info. I've held out long enough, it's time to buck up.

Any pointers on how NOT to get stuck? Or how to get unstuck if I do ; )
pointer #1 - do not drive an 8000# vehicle fully loaded (low ground clearance) with people and beach crap in the soft sand where the ruts are deep. If you do, you will be like the one who I saw this weekend. Perhaps that was you whom I saw :idontno: .
 
Landlocked said:
.....and don't try any 3 point turns. If you get stuck, just hop out, put down your towel and cooler and act like that's where you wanted to stop. That's what I did.

:lolabove:
 
Ha! Greeaat, can't wait.

1) Don't overload
2) Stay out of the ruts
3) If I do get stuck play it off cool style with towel and cooler.

Thanks guys!
 
Smiling JOe said:
pointer #1 - do not drive an 8000# vehicle fully loaded (low ground clearance) with people and beach crap in the soft sand where the ruts are deep. If you do, you will be like the one who I saw this weekend. Perhaps that was you whom I saw :idontno: .

A little confused here. I stay in the ruts cause the sand is already compressed :idontno: . I do have very good clearance though.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top