• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

car crashes into Bay

New posts
How terribly sad and tragic for the child. :(
 
this poor little guy :( it's so sad when things like this happen, esp. so close to what should be a happy time for people.
 
I think the paper also mentioned other children at home, The memories for this entire family now have a new meaning today for this time of year. Several lives not just one have been touched by this. As tragic as this seems I still hold to the greater purpose and Gods power. Faith is so important at times like this. Our prayers are with the entire family and friends that this incident has touched. Someone asked what can we do, just my opinion here... Send Love and Prayers to them ALL
 
This just breaks my heart. :cry:
 
What a crappy paper...standard alcohol tests are pending. Wasn't the woman driving home from the ER? I'm sure she just fell asleep, but this article will have many jumping to conclusions.

I hate that bridge.
Where did you hear or read that? The article doesn't mention the hospital except stating that Rescue worked on her all the way from the scene to the hospital. I believe that with all fatal accidents, alcohol and drug tests are standard protocol.
 
Where did you hear or read that? The article doesn't mention the hospital except stating that Rescue worked on her all the way from the scene to the hospital. I believe that with all fatal accidents, alcohol and drug tests are standard protocol.
Yes, they are--no matter who is at fault or how obvious the situation seems. A few years ago a man driving a log truck had a heart attack in front of my house. He crossed the centerline and crashed into my neighbor's yard, and died from the heart attack before anyone even got to the scene. He ran another car off the road, though, and that car hit my mailbox. Because the incident involved a fatality, the driver of the car was taken to the hospital for alcohol testing. Just standard procedure...
 
What a horrible memory for that poor child. Losing a parent like that is hard enough, witnessing it helplessly is heartbreaking.

My prayers are with all of them.
 
What a crappy paper...standard alcohol tests are pending. Wasn't the woman driving home from the ER? I'm sure she just fell asleep, but this article will have many jumping to conclusions.

I hate that bridge.

They like to print that (IMO unnecessarily) and I know of at least one family who lost a loved one in a car accident who was quite upset by what it implied.
 
Since I don't jump to conclusions about alcohol involvement in traffic accidents, unless it is reported that a bunch of empty booze bottles or cans were found in the auto, I guess the writers note, "Results of standard alcohol test results for Day are pending," doesn't bother me. He does use the word, "standard," when referring to the alcohol test. Without noting that the test was standard, I can see how the reader might speculate.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top