• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Crap on the beach

New posts
Sueshore said:
How about printing some tags and attaching them to items you see left on the beach? I will leave it up to you what the tags would say. I imagine we could all come up with something educational and insulting at the same time!

I like the idea, but I fear the tags will be left littering the beach when they are ripped off.
 
Smiling JOe said:
.... string with anchors holding it in place. How would you like to be a turtle, on land, tangled up in crap or stuck in a big-@ss hole?

So, my objections are not based on the looks of the crap, but rather, they are based on the effects the crap has on the environment and the people.

Good point JOe. You can add to the above statement:

Not to mention the turtles are trying to get up there and lay their eggs. How would you like it if you were 9 months pregnant with sextuplets and once you got to the hospital somebody had left a pile of crap in front of the emergency room door and you were crossing your legs trying to hold the babies in while crawling over the barricade of crap!:eek:
 
Smiling JOe said:
I like the idea, but I fear the tags will be left littering the beach when they are ripped off.


BAMM...I KNEW you were going to say that!!! :biggrin:
 
On Stickers instead:

Here you left your crap to sleep
I pray the Lord it'll be mine to keep
If it's not gone before I wake
I'm telling you now it's mine to take :funn:
 
I had some pictures of half-broken tent poles sticking up from the sand. They break and rust at the top. The break is not smooth - good old jagged, rusty edges. I'll look in the other computer and post the pictures if I find them. As SJ said, it's not the fact that these tents, holes and such are eyesores, it's that they are DANGEROUS. Imagine a family playing frisbee and the child runs into one of these tent stumps. Yikes.
 
Bobby J said:
I blame Walmart for selling this junk soooo cheap! :lol:

Blame yourself for allowing your government to lie with dogs and happily accept low-cost goods made by child slaves in China and other places that squash human rights in the name of our greed.
 
Beach Crazy said:
How would you like it if you were 9 months pregnant with sextuplets and once you got to the hospital somebody had left a pile of crap in front of the emergency room door and you were crossing your legs trying to hold the babies in while crawling over the barricade of crap!:eek:
BC, when did I tell you about that? Can't you keep a secret?!
 
steele mama said:
Yesterday afternoon I finally took some time to go to the beach at Grayton. Not so many people down there but couldn't find a place to park the beverly hillbilly beach buggy because of all the "crap on the beach". I will not complain because I am thankful I can drive my crap to the beach every day.

very good point steele mama, and I can relate... thanks for this post!
 
Last night at Grayton Beach I saw several lime green tags on abandoned tents, etc. They were apparently placed by the "Turtle Police" and explained that they were dangering turtles and would be removed by a certain date. Great first step; keep it up.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top