• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Does anyone actually believe the TSA?

New posts
Once again, we are into the "Let's blame Bush" mentality. I have some wonderful conspiracy theories that make just as much sense...more so, actually. Try Glen Beck.
There is plenty of blame to go around without picking parties or former party dept. heads. Its time we quit blaming individuals in this country unless they are under indictment, and started looking at ourselves, who we support, why we support them and where our, not the other guy's efforts are going to get us in the long run.
There are some in this country whose ideology I not only will not support, but will fight with every fibre of my being. It is my right as an American just as it is yours.
 
That wasn't a "blame Bush" post, that was a "you are being groped at airports so a politician can make an obscene profit off you" post.

Seems like a pretty solid trail - not a conspiracy theory. I was thinking last night "wonder if the whole groping thing is to make people think the scans aren't so bad."

Each scanner costs $100-200K - I think both of us could come up with much better ways to use that money - either by not spending it or by spending it on better things.

For example, Uncle Moon was able to fly through 2 major airports without any ID last winter. Despite the fact that he had a passport (we learned it is illegal to fax a copy of someone's passport) and many mugshots on file, no attempt was made to identify him with anything but a magazine label and a copy of the police report saying he lost his wallet - even though he gave the airline and TSA advance notice.

P.S. Italy tested the scanners at 4 of their international airports and rejected them as inaccurate and inconvenient. We added them at 28 more airports.
 
Last edited:
I respectfully disagree.
 
Once again, we are into the "Let's blame Bush" mentality. I have some wonderful conspiracy theories that make just as much sense...more so, actually. Try Glen Beck.
There is plenty of blame to go around without picking parties or former party dept. heads. Its time we quit blaming individuals in this country unless they are under indictment, and started looking at ourselves, who we support, why we support them and where our, not the other guy's efforts are going to get us in the long run.
There are some in this country whose ideology I not only will not support, but will fight with every fibre of my being. It is my right as an American just as it is yours.

Partisan? Maybe you can tell what party The FlyerRights.org swings?

?Mr. Chertoff should not be allowed to abuse the trust the public has placed in him as a former public servant to privately gain from the sale of full-body scanners under the pretense that the scanners would have detected this particular type of explosive,?? said Kate Hanni, founder of FlyersRights.org, which opposes the use of the scanners.
(This was after an attempt by the Christmas Bomber and Chertoff was all over the waves waving the scanners as the cure all)

I could care less what party Chertoff is, or that he worked for Bush. We should all be concerned about anyone who works or worked in the public sector setting themselves up to cash in on our tax dollars. Yes, the money for the new scanners to the tune of $140 million to start, is coming from the Economic Recovery Act.

I could care less if Chertoff, or anyone else who heads in government for that matter, uses their skills in a business enterprise they own to earn a living. But to be less than forthright about your involvement and then everytime you tout the benefits to us, which is highly questionable anyway, your inner cash register is sounding cha ching, there is a problem. What about transparency?

I'm sure if we all took the time, we could find similar conflicts of interest or lack of transparency from public figures and politicians who lined their pockets indirectly with public money. We could probably spend at least a month documenting affiliations with Wall Street and large law firms representing corporations alone.

I guess if I was going to criticize a party, I would have asked where the The Tea Party stands on this issue since they are against the Economic recovery and Reinvestment Act, so where is the ire from them about this? I'm sure Democrats are not the people who dislike being groped if they do not submit to the scan, if asked.
 
Last edited:
Today, I got a scan and a patdown. Forgot and left a quarter in my pocket, which I guess set off the scanner. That was a little aggravating, but didn't bug me as much as the TSA agent's insistance of the need to thumb through my wallet.
 
What no bomb? TSA is a waste of time and money period. We need to start profiling...problem solved.
 
Douglas, the last time I taped something to my inner thigh, it was a college football game and I smuggled in whisky. :lol:

Stadium Pal?
Why yes! Perfect for those times you need to Smuggle it in & OUT with the all-in-one dual functioning accessory :lol:
 
I'm curious...
if one agrees to submit to the full body rapiscan can you go the front of line; thereby avoiding the time consuming process of pocket-emptying, computer-opening, apparel/accessory/footwear stripping, and putting our junk on the conveyer belt?
Or is rapiscan an additional 'belt AND suspenders' safety measure?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top