• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Does anyone actually believe the TSA?

New posts
I'm curious...
if one agrees to submit to the full body rapiscan can you go the front of line; thereby avoiding the time consuming process of pocket-emptying, computer-opening, apparel/accessory/footwear stripping, and putting our junk on the conveyer belt?
Or is rapiscan an additional 'belt AND suspenders' safety measure?

Nope. From the TSA Site:

Q. How does the imaging technology screening process work?
A. Each passenger will be asked to take everything out of their pockets (including non-metallic items) and walk into the imaging portal.​

Everything I read says you can't even have a tissue or a belt or a handkerchief or a wallet in your pocket.
 



A Card to send to your significant other. :floor:
 
Last edited:
I'm curious...
if one agrees to submit to the full body rapiscan can you go the front of line; thereby avoiding the time consuming process of pocket-emptying, computer-opening, apparel/accessory/footwear stripping, and putting our junk on the conveyer belt?
Or is rapiscan an additional 'belt AND suspenders' safety measure?
It's in addition to all that - you do all of the usual stuff AND walk into a booth and assume the spread eagle position.
 
What no bomb? TSA is a waste of time and money period. We need to start profiling...problem solved.

Amen. plus a lot of money saved....
 
Partisan? Maybe you can tell what party The FlyerRights.org swings?

?Mr. Chertoff should not be allowed to abuse the trust the public has placed in him as a former public servant to privately gain from the sale of full-body scanners under the pretense that the scanners would have detected this particular type of explosive,?? said Kate Hanni, founder of FlyersRights.org, which opposes the use of the scanners.
(This was after an attempt by the Christmas Bomber and Chertoff was all over the waves waving the scanners as the cure all)

I could care less what party Chertoff is, or that he worked for Bush. We should all be concerned about anyone who works or worked in the public sector setting themselves up to cash in on our tax dollars. Yes, the money for the new scanners to the tune of $140 million to start, is coming from the Economic Recovery Act.

I could care less if Chertoff, or anyone else who heads in government for that matter, uses their skills in a business enterprise they own to earn a living. But to be less than forthright about your involvement and then everytime you tout the benefits to us, which is highly questionable anyway, your inner cash register is sounding cha ching, there is a problem. What about transparency?

I'm sure if we all took the time, we could find similar conflicts of interest or lack of transparency from public figures and politicians who lined their pockets indirectly with public money. We could probably spend at least a month documenting affiliations with Wall Street and large law firms representing corporations alone.

I guess if I was going to criticize a party, I would have asked where the The Tea Party stands on this issue since they are against the Economic recovery and Reinvestment Act, so where is the ire from them about this? I'm sure Democrats are not the people who dislike being groped if they do not submit to the scan, if asked.
I think you will agree that it is understandable that one might think it was a reference to the Bush era after reading the many posts on this board and observing the politicians on various news programs. That said, I am sorry for the misinterpretation. On the rest of your post I agree completely. Former government elected officals and employees who take illegal or unwarranted advantage of their former positions to further their financial worth is unacceptable and has nothing to do with party affiliation.
 
Last edited:
I think you will agree that it is understandable that one might think it was a reference to the Bush era after reading the many posts on this board and observing the politicians on various news programs. That said, I am sorry for the misinterpretation. On the rest of your post I agree completely. Former government elected officals and employees who take illegal or unwarranted advantage of their former positions to further their financial worth is unacceptable and has nothing to do with party affiliation.

I think we can safely label the TSA a non-partisan F-up.

It was created as part of the Aviation and Transportation Security Act in November of 2001 by the 107th Congress which was split with a Democratic Senate and a Republican House.

In the Senate this the same group of morons (with the notable exception of Russ Feingold) who all voted for the Patriot Act.
 
Full-body scanners are waste of money, Israeli expert says

Rafi Sela ran Israeli airport security for years so he has the chops to comment on this.

He is quoted in this article from the Vancouver Sun: "Full-body scanners are waste of money, Israeli expert says"

Here's a bit of the article. The bold emphasis is mine.

A leading Israeli airport security expert says the Canadian government has wasted millions of dollars to install "useless" imaging machines at airports across the country.

"I don't know why everybody is running to buy these expensive and useless machines. I can overcome the body scanners with enough explosives to bring down a Boeing 747," Rafi Sela told parliamentarians probing the state of aviation safety in Canada.

"That's why we haven't put them in our airport," Sela said, referring to Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion International Airport, which has some of the toughest security in the world.

He mentions later in the article that airports should be using behavioral profiling to locate threats.
 
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwsdq69AHnw"]YouTube - Ron Paul Responds to TSA: Introduces 'American Traveler Dignity Act'[/ame]


He's right about this one.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top