scooterbug44
SoWal Expert
Seems pretty cut and dried to me - endangered species are in trouble, there's local support, and other places in Florida already have similar legislation.
HELLO local gov't!!!
HELLO local gov't!!!


Seems pretty cut and dried to me - endangered species are in trouble, there's local support, and other places in Florida already have similar legislation.
HELLO local gov't!!!![]()
oops. I was referring to camping items left on the beach.SJ, there is no existing turtle lighting ordinance.
blah, blah, blah. The DEP has jurisdiction at the CCCL for new construction and for substantial remodels. Everything in those categories should have turtle friendly lights. But there is no local turtle lighting ordinance that addresses existing beachfront properties or properties in the second, third and further back tiers that impact the beach. I know this sounds confusing so here is an example. The Seagrove Villas. They have been there a long time, do not have turtle friendly lights and are not required to. If Nature Walk had proceeded and torn down the Villas, the replacement would be required by DEP to have turtle lights. But not required to by the county. And the DEP's jurisdiction stops at the CCCL.I'm pretty sure there is a turtle lighting ordinance. Neighbors had to get their exterior lighting plans & fixtures approved by the DEP.
I'm pretty sure this was the other lighting ordinance, the one that deals with light trespass, glare, uplighting, etc. The county chose to consider these issues seperate from the turtle lighting ordinance.I attended a BCC meeting about a year ago, where they were adopting a lighting ordinance,