• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

How low can it go?

New posts
I'm a Realtor and would buy from Bobby J. Guys a class act and I dare to say no one knows 30-A area better. your looking at 30A flyguy call him.
 
I have never been. Is this the place that beats our values and location?

Gosh I don't think so. I haven't looked at real estate down there in a long time but we love it, always fantasized about owning a place there ... and then in late 2003 we visited SoWal. It was like Sanibel/Captiva in many ways but cheap. :blink: We bought a vacant lot that weekend. Still happy. :wave:
 
I don't think it's hit the bottom. Pricing is still unrealistic. Don't really feel like spending half a million dollars for 1,500 square feet within a golf cart's ride to the beach.
Come on please? Be a sport.
 
No, Galveston is not SoWal. But is it worth it to many buyers to pay four times as much for beachfront in SoWal as it is in Galveston?

And for all that it's a beuatiful place here, it's always going to be as something of a disadvantage to many buyers to a place like Sanibel because the winters are cooler and more unpredictable than beach towns further south.

Don't get me wrong. I like it here. But there are pros and cons to it like every place, and not everyone interested affluent buyer looking for a beach house goes into it with the same values. And the cons of the area do end up serving as limiters to the prices in a non-speculative market.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top