• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Las Vegas Restaurants?

New posts

tistheseason

Beach Fanatic
Anyone got any recommendations? I'm looking for a place to take my husband for his birthday while we are there this weekend. Not too stuffy. But not LV flashy either. No see and be seen spots -- we're doing that on Saturday (Party at the Palms!). I love the places that the local foodies would go to.

I've never been to Vegas so I'm at a bit of a loss for finding a place -- and I don't trust random websites -- I came across a place recommending the Red Lobster!:yikes:

Oh yeah, since it's vegas I might need to add that we don't do buffets!

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

Bobby Flay's MESA GRILL is at Caesar's and is awesome!!!

Also, if you all are sushi fans, GREAT sushi can be found in Vegas!
 
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

Golden Steer is where the locals go. You'll feel as though you've been transported back to the 50's. Great steaks, great service. It's not far and all the cabbies know where it is.

Golden Steer
 
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

I've eaten at many of the best restaurants in Vegas, including Mesa Grill, Delmonico, Prime etc. But the best restaurant in Vegas for my money is one you have probably never heard of. Its Andre's. Good french cooking that's not too heavy. Great wine list. My wife and I went their on our wedding night 10 years ago this Sunday. We've been back several times since. It's expensive, but cheaper than the big names.

Here's the website:

http://www.andrelv.com/

Go to the original restaurant, its in an old house downtown. Its out of the way but very romantic. Pick the private room. You can thank me later.
 
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

I wasn't really impressed by any food there so i'm no help there (I was only there for the airport in/out when rafting the Grand Canyon so didn't really plan anything) but WAS quite impressed by the Cirque de Soleil show. Highly recommend getting tickets to something while you're in town!
 
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

The Venetian has several good spots if you like Italian food.
SON
 
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

Tao in the Venetian!!!! Although it is one of those places "to be seen", the atmosphere is awesome and the food is to die for. I took my wife there to end our LV trip a few weeks ago and she was blown away.
 
Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

:confused:
Golden Steer is where the locals go. You'll feel as though you've been transported back to the 50's. Great steaks, great service. It's not far and all the cabbies know where it is.

Golden Steer

I forgot to mention -- not a steak house. He's out there for work and I'm just joining him for a long weekend. He'll have been to steak houses every night for dinner prior to my arrival!

I've eaten at many of the best restaurants in Vegas, including Mesa Grill, Delmonico, Prime etc. But the best restaurant in Vegas for my money is one you have probably never heard of. Its Andre's. Good french cooking that's not too heavy. Great wine list. My wife and I went their on our wedding night 10 years ago this Sunday. We've been back several times since. It's expensive, but cheaper than the big names.

Here's the website:

http://www.andrelv.com/

Go to the original restaurant, its in an old house downtown. Its out of the way but very romantic. Pick the private room. You can thank me later.

It looks great. But from the photos, I'm not sure it's our style. We tend to like things more minimalist -- food and decor. But it's definitely on the list of possibilities. Actually at this point, it leads the list. But I'm still hoping to find the perfect spot!

Tao in the Venetian!!!! Although it is one of those places "to be seen", the atmosphere is awesome and the food is to die for. I took my wife there to end our LV trip a few weeks ago and she was blown away.

I really wanted to do something not in a hotel. I tend to think of hotel restaurants as overpriced/mediocre food. But I think it may be different in Vegas. Is it?:confused:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top