• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Old Florida Fish House

New posts
I do think bad karma could be the culprit...there have been many restaurants in that space.....:(
 
i had an ok meal there a while ago, back when they opened. have only had sushi since. on questioning the extended delivery time of the sushi i was told,
"dude, it's ladies night, thanks for your patience" i was dumbfounded. what restaurant advertises tuesday ladies night/discounted sushi and doesn't up the staff to meet the demand? apparently OFFH. restaurant mgt.101 i will say that the sushi is great and our server is stellar.
 
We ate there two summers ago and swore not to return. The food was expensive for what we received, portions were tiny and the service was not good. The sauce of the night was strawberry beurre blanc, which sounds like a horrible combination, so I asked for the grouper with a plain beurre blanc and was told it couldn't be done. Any good chef can make a plain beurre blanc on request. The fish was brought out with the sauce on it anyway, and when the waiter realized it he took it away, scraped the sauce off and brought it back to me. We were very unhappy with the restaurant, and I, like Here 4 Good, was also disappointed that it wasn't what I consider a good, seafood restaurant. The name is very deceiving.
 
Sorry to hear such a bad story like that one, CottageCotton. I am sure that Opey Russ, the Gen Mgr for OFFH, would appreciate any honest comments such as yours. They will help to make the restaurant better. I am fairly certain that Opey doesn't read this message board,

Gone are the days when subpar restaurants will survive on 30A because visitors are uninformed. Especially now that prices have risen so high.
 
I agree that word of mouth advertising for better or for worse is just about everything these days. And good word of mouth advertising is based on consistent quality and great service. Like others who live on the west end of 30A, I sure hope Old Florida Fish House survives because it's a beautiful place in a beautiful location and we'd sure go there often. We'll probably give it a try for sushi and/or dinner end of February so we'll see how it is. We've been there twice before and it has been good and we liked the atmosphere (I can't remember the TVs but I wouldn't enjoy TVs when I'm expecting a quiet dinner so I can have conversations with the people I'm with -- I'd prefer nice music). It wasn't excellent, though. I will say we had an excellent winter meal at Cafe 30A last year and definitely plan to return this February. We swooned over the food at Cafe 30A (and it was the winter special - very impressive).
 
Have been numerous times to OFFH and it has been wonderful. Girlfriend of mine ate their last night and raved about everything except some form of hillbilly entertainment. Cafe 30A has been a consistent disappointment to us. Guess you never know.
 
Have been numerous times to OFFH and it has been wonderful. Girlfriend of mine ate their last night and raved about everything except some form of hillbilly entertainment. Cafe 30A has been a consistent disappointment to us. Guess you never know.
:floor: Wait until the Red Rocket sees this one. That is a compliment in the book of BlueGrass! :lolabove: I heard that James Taylor and Jimmy Buffet were already booked, so ...
 
Last edited:
:floor: ..."some FORM of hillbilly entertainment". That my friends is the gem of the day.
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top